A FIRE started by a phone charger destroyed a family home in a matter of minutes.

Emma Flaherty’s house in Warndon went up in flames after a phone charger in her daughter’s room caught fire.

She has sworn to never again use unbranded chargers after it sparked the fire they were 'lucky' to escape.

Fortunately, the mum and her two children escape however much of their belongings were destroyed in the blaze.

She said: “It’s still so surreal in my head.

“I just had to get my kids out, one who was in the fire asleep and the other who is disabled.

“My head is all over the place at the moment.

READ MORE: Mother and two children escape house fire

Worcester News: HWFRS crews were called to the scene on Sunday afternoonHWFRS crews were called to the scene on Sunday afternoon (Image: Emily Flaherty)

“A place we built up as our safe place, memories made, laughter shared - completely destroyed within minutes due to a charger lead.

“I will never in my life allow unbranded chargers into my home.

“We are so very lucky.

“Please keep doors closed, turn sockets off when not in use, and check your fire alarms.

"Doesn’t stop fires by all means but it confines it to a minimum and saves lives.”

Worcester News: A fundraiser has been set up to get the family back on their feetA fundraiser has been set up to get the family back on their feet (Image: Emma Flaherty)

The fire, at the two-storey house on Rothay Close, began at around 2pm on Sunday (June 25).

Three Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service crews from the Worcester Station were called to the scene.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames as a woman in her 30s and two teenagers were left in the care of the ambulance service.

In the days since the blaze, a fundraiser has been set up for the family as friends and Worcester businesses rally to get the family back on their feet.

Among them is the team at Warren’s Removals and Storage.

Taking their plea to social, a spokesperson for the firm said: “This poor Worcestershire family have had their life turned upside down after a faulty phone charger set on fire.

“We are offering free storage to this family should anybody have anything they wish to donate.

“We will store this whilst the family are in temporary accommodation waiting for works to be carried out.”

ALSO READ: Woman could only watch on in horror as fire destroys her car and garage

A Go Fund Me page has so far raised nearly £1,000, and Emma couldn’t be more thankful for the support shown.

She said: “I am forever grateful for everyone’s generosity, the community of Worcester have been unbelievable.

“Everything life has thrown at us all. we realise no matter how much we do things alone, we aren’t alone.”