Ahead of Storm Ciaran's arrival in Worcestershire, residents have been offered advice on who to call should they experience any issues.

With the Met Office's warnings predicting more severe weather heading to Worcestershire following the destructive Storm Babet, the county's own Severn Trent and the Environment Agency (EA) have asked customers to familiarise themselves with who to contact.

While operational teams brace for heavy rain, Severn Trent seeks to give support by directing customers toward appropriate resources.

Worcester News:

Oliver Hills, Waste Network customer lead said: "With the imminent arrival of Storm Ciaran, we want to make sure that everyone is as prepared as possible on who to contact should they need it."

He continued: "We’re here to help if flooding is from a public sewer or if a pipe has burst.

"We hope any flooding is minimal, but we want everyone to understand which organisation can provide the quickest help."

Worcester News:

Road, small river and drain flooding must be reported to the local council, while the Environment Agency handles major river flooding on the line 0345 988 1188.

Flooding from public sewers or due to burst pipes is managed by Severn Trent.

Ben Lukey, flood duty manager at the Environment Agency, said: "We urge people to stay safe on the coast and avoid driving through flood water.

Worcester News:

"Check your flood risk, sign up for free flood warnings and keep up to date with the latest situation at https://www.gov.uk/check-if-youre-at-risk-of-flooding and follow @EnvAgency on X, formerly known as Twitter, for updates."

In the event of sewer flooding, or sewage escaping from a manhole cover, Mr Hills urged immediate contact with Severn Trent via 0800 783 4444.

Road drain flooding should be reported to the local council, while river or stream flooding must be handled by the Environment Agency.

Customers can also seek assistance via the website and @stwater on Twitter.