'FAULTY electrics' may have caused a burning smell and smoke in Droitwich homes, the fire service has revealed.

Two crews - one each from Droitwich and Bromsgrove - attended the scene of the incident in Packington Road, Droitwich yesterday evening.

A spokesperson for the Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said: "Two Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service crews – one each from Droitwich and Bromsgrove Fire Stations – were called at 6.42pm to a smell of burning in Packington Road, Droitwich.

"There was smoke in the building and investigations were carried out using a thermal imaging camera. No fire was found but there were faults with the electrics so an electrician was requested to attend from the housing association.

"There were no casualties and no other emergency services were required to attend. The incident was marked as pending closure at 7.29pm."