PARENTS have been warned that some toys can cause children serious harm ahead of Christmas.

Worcestershire Children's First advised against buying toys with accessible button batteries as they could burn a child's food pipe if swallowed.

It also warned parents that super strong magnets can rip through a child's stomach if swallowed and advised against toys with long cords.

Parents have also been told that cheap electrical toys with chargers could catch fire.

Worcestershire Children's First added the Child Accident Prevention Trust has more advice on its website.