Residents have been reminded of how they can receive help from the NHS over the Christmas period.

Healthwatch Worcestershire is advising people about how to access the appropriate medical help in a bid to prevent additional pressures on the NHS service, particularly considering ongoing Covid pressures.

Worcestershire residents have been advised to call 999 or locate their nearest A&E in a medical emergency.


Read more: Worcester Safe Space van successfully saves 3 ambulances


For non-emergency situations, people should call NHS 111, use the 111 online service, seek advice from a pharmacist, or contact their GP.

Jo Ringshall, chair of Healthwatch Worcestershire said: "With the festive period approaching, it is important for all of us to take necessary steps to ease the pressure on our health and care services.

"By following these simple steps, we can all do our part in staying well this winter and help the NHS to help us."

As well as GP practices and pharmacists, the county also has Minor Injury Units (MIUs) accessible for advice and treatment.

Further details are available on the Healthwatch Worcestershire website.