NEW pictures show the dramatic aftermath of a fire that developed at a property in Malvern.

Janine-Emily Summers was left in shock after returning to her home on Brookfarm Drive to find it had set alight.

A fire broke out in her kitchen on Saturday morning, with details as to how the fire happened yet to be established.

Neighbours rallied together to try and save what they could of Mrs Summers' property, including her dog who was trapped inside at the time the fire started.

Full story: Dog rescued from house fire that's left family 'gutted'

Firefighters were on the scene to tackle the blaze but the damage has left Mrs Summers and her family without valuable possessions.

While she was 'gutted' and 'emotional' to have 'lost everything' in the fire, Mrs Summers was grateful for the support she had received from fellow residents.

"It started in the kitchen but we were out at the time and hadn’t used the kitchen that morning so we are so unsure what happened," she said.

"I honestly don’t think I could have got through the last 24 hours if it wasn’t for the kindness of people and my dog being saved."

The family has received a handful of donations from both local residents and numerous businesses following a plea on Facebook from neighbour Nicky Beresford Mcmillan.

Clothes, toys and other supplies, as well as temporary accommodation, were among the "few bits" they received, with the family thankful for the generosity.