THERE was a gas leak in a portable catering unit in Worcester city centre.

A fire crew dealt with a leak from a petroleum gas cylinder in a unit on Bank Street.

The cabinet was ventilated before crews checked the gas monitor. 

A spokesperson for Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said: "A HWFR crew from Worcester Fire Station was called at 9.05pn on April 1 to a gas leak in Bank Street, Worcester.

"A minor leak from a liquid petroleum gas cylinder in a mobile catering unit was isolated and a cabinet ventilated before being checked with a gas monitor.

"There were no casualties and no other emergency services attended.

"The incident was marked as pending closure at 9.24pm."