Banbury Utd 1,

Evesham Utd U-14 2

EVESHAM came away with three more points after a hard-fought game against a strong home side to maintain second place in the table.

The Robins started well with good possession that eventually paid off when the ball fell free in the box for Dean Elsmore to shoot home.

Banbury started to improve as half-time approached, but then United struck again when good play from Richard Higen-bottom and Jon Wein found David Huggins who beat the oncoming goalkeeper with a back header.

There were few chances after the interval when the home team was held at bay by centre backs Wein, Tom Waghorn and Stuart Warren who failed to prevent the hosts grabbing a late consolation.

Sheppey Jnrs Swifts 1,

Badsey Rgrs U-9 1

BOTH sides started well and chances were created at both ends but good goalkeeping from Hawtree and Taylor kept the game scoreless.

Badsey's Matty Andrew then struck the crossbar and he then turned provider after the interval to set up player of the match Ryan Dixon for the opener.

Andrew's dead-ball skills then sent another effort inches wide but Rangers were denied the win five minutes from time when Sheppey levelled with a close range effort.

Littleton Jnrs U-14 3, Kays 2 (aet)

SUPER sub Tom Cuthbert's extra-time winner sent Littleton through to the Mercian League Cup final.

Matt Goss brought a fine save out of the Kays goalkeeper before Littleton lost skipper Matt Taylor to a knee injury only for Matt Smith to put the hosts ahead from distance.

Lance Smith, Ryan Clarke and Dan Keen all saw efforts flash wide as Littleton finished the first half strongly but Kays fought back after the restart and equalised.

Littleton then forced a series of corners from which Keen rose superbly to head his side in front.

Kays levelled almost immediately to take the tie into extra-time when Lance Smith set up Cuthbert for the winner.

St Marks Jnrs 1,

Evesham Utd U-11 A 8

PROLIFIC scorer Henry Woods ope-ned his account from a cross from Sam Ford following a fine move between James Bearcroft and Tom Evans.

Woods was then brought down and captain Bearcroft netted from the spot. Evans was then fastest to the ball after the keeper parried a shot from Woods.

George Darling set up Louis Brown to make it four and the crossbar denied Woods a fifth.

Within minutes of the restart Bearcroft completed his brace and Woods was released by Brown to make it 6-0.

Bearcroft and Brown then set up Woods for his hat-trick, before the scorer turned provider as Bearcroft completed his treble.

Goalkeeper Leon Ballard shot wide from a late penalty and there was more grief for the keeper when Saints snatched a last-ditch consolation.

Evesham Utd U-12 8,

Leckhampton B 1

DEAN Lee opened the scoring and United were firmly in control when Karl Myers and Olly Davies also found the net.

Davies scored again on the stroke of half-time and then completed his hat-trick soon after the interval after which Michael Savidge got in on the act with three well-taken goals.

Evesham Utd U-12 6,

Worcester City 4

EVESHAM raced in to a two-goal lead thanks to goals from Dean Lee and Henry Woods but City hit back before half time.

They then added two more to lead 3-2 but United fought back through Olly Davies.

City refused to lie down and went ahead again only for Davies to equalise after an overhead kick from Woods rebounded off the crossbar.

A Michael Savidge strike put United ahead and, in the dying seconds, Davies made the game safe when completing his hat-trick.

Evesham Utd Jnrs U-9 3,

Drakes Broughton 2

EVESHAM got a wake-up call after conceding a first minute goal after which they went on t control the match.

After some good work from Oliver Grove and a cross from the left, Jack Lowe was on hand to supply a quality finish.

In the second half, good play from Michael Jennings set up Martin DiFranco to score from close-range and a third goal for Jennings secured the victory but only after a fine late stop by goalkeeper Lloyd Bell.

Littleton U-12 2, Bredon Harriers 3

A LETHARGIC Harriers allowed Littleton's Chris Foster to grab two goals before half-time when they were lucky not to find themselves further behind.

Bredon bucked up their ideas in the second half with Ross Attwood dropping back to help out in defence. Up front Sam Gaisford grabbed a goal back before Saul Powell's fine through ball to James Finlay brought the equaliser.

Persistent work by Finlay then led to Gaisford netting his second to cap a terrific fightback.

Blockley 1, Bredon Colts U-11 1

BREDON made a bright start and were only denied a goal by some excellent goalkeeping.

Josh Blackman and Jamie Blencoe both went close before a cool finish from Jack Gibbs broke the deadlock.

Colts lost their way a little in the second half and pressure from Blockley finally paid off to deny the visitors victory.

Bredon Colts Athletico U-12 5,

Pershore 0

A HAT-TRICK from Tom Spiers and two goals for Fred Humphries helped Bredon to a comfortable victory.

It would have bee far easier had it not been for the efforts of Pershore goalkeeper Jordan Parmenter who produced a series of fine saves.

Bredon Colts U-10 2, Peopleton 1

COLTS ended Peopleton's unbeaten record when recording a fifth straight win.

James Robinson gave Colts a fifth minute lead that was only levelled in the second half courtesy of a glorious strike from halfway.

However, a tense finish saw Toby Gibney fire in the winner from the penalty spot after a handling offence and Bredon held out thanks to some fine late saves from Dan Jepson.

Droitwich Spa Boys 2,

Drakes Broughton U-15 4

DRAKES booked a place in the semi-final of the Mercian League Cup after a hard-fought clash on a difficult surface.

Jamie Watts opened the scoring from Dane Aldington's fine pass and Sam Hicks then doubled the advantage.

However, Droitwich hit back and then put Drakes under intense pressure before Watts added his second to restore the two-goal cushion.

James Alexander banged in a fourth before a late Spa strike failed to spark a comeback.

Littleton Jnrs U-13 4, Tewkesbury 3

THE hosts conceded two goals against the run of play but hit back to halve the arrears by half-time when player of the match Jack Dell netted.

Jack Philpot and Jamie Banks (2) scored the goals that left Littleton in charge only for Tewkesbury to have the final say with a third goal.

Rugby Utd 0, Evesham Utd U-15 1

PHIL Pennycate headed the goal that gave United a deserved win and made the long journey home an enjoyable one.

An early start and frosty conditions were far from ideal preparation but United's defence of Paddock, Doyle, Benjamin and Fisher ensured Rugby had little joy in attack.

Harris and Buckland started to exert their authority from midfield and it was the former's long throw that caused confusion in the home defence that allowed Pennycate to nod in the winner.

Goalkeeper Ashley Burman celebrated his birthday with a fantastic dive to keep the sides level, while his opposite number's similar heroics prevented Bearcroft and Phelps from adding what would have been a deserved second goal.