THE only Division One game played in the Soccer Site Malvern League last Sunday saw title-chasing Bishops Frome entertain Morgan Aero 8.

The home side were without Westfields' Matt Beale who has been ruled out for the rest of the season following ligament damage, but did welcome back another Westfields player Chris Jefferson.

Bishops Frome took the lead in the 15th minute thanks to a Jason Westmacott penalty but in a game which saw the elements change from bright sunshine to hailstones, a continual high wind made play difficult. This combined with an excellent performance from a very determined Morgan Aero 8 side meant it was late in the second half when Frome made the points safe with a goal from Gary Nott for a 2-0 win.

The musical chairs at the top of the very competitive Division Two continued and as a result of Cross Keys victory over Great Malvern it was their turn to leapfrog to the top of the division.

Cross Keys started off at 100mph and Oli Endacott put them in the lead within 12 seconds and by the 10th minute he had completed his hat-trick eventually ending up with a haul of five goals. Lee Phillips also notched up a hat-trick courtesy of two late strikes in the 88th and 89th minutes. Cross Keys other scorers in their 15-0 victory were, Mark Howells, Rob Cullen, two from Willie Gray and another hat-trick from Andrew Lancett.

The first round of the President's Cup saw the results go to form as Talbot Head, Madresfield and Dynamo Ledbury progressed to the second round.

Talbot Head visited young Division Two side Perowne Park Rangers and were made to work hard before eventually running out comfortable victors 7-1. On a day of hat-tricks Talbot Head's Ed Hofton managed to notch up his first ever hat-trick with firstly a couple of headers in the 11th and 12th minutes before following up when his first effort was parried to gleefully hit the ball home in the 40th minute. Perowne had earlier pulled a goal back in the 17th minute.

The second half saw another hat-trick this time from Richard Birch his first was actually helped into the net by the home keeper but was claimed by the Talbot player, his second came direct from a corner, whilst his third saw him race in on the backpost to smash the ball home. The scoring was completed by Luke Stallard.

Cavalry Arms entertained Madresfield and went down 1-5 with the visitors goals coming from Ben Clarke, Adam Morse (two), Conrad Arnold and Tom Bethell whilst the home side's consolation came from keeper Matt Pearce who came up for a late corner and scored.

The last tie in the first round saw Dynamo Ledbury beat visiting Fromes Hill 6-0 thanks to goals from Adam Thomas, Mitch Preedy, Andy Davies and yet another hat-trick this time from Matt Grey.

With one first round tie still to be resolved the revised draw for round two of the President's Cup is: Madresfield v Club AC 30, Talbot Head v Kempsey United A, Bell Inn 98 v Dynamo Ledbury, Morgan Aero 8 v Vauxhall AFC or Great Malvern. Ties to be played on February 15.

AT a special general meeting held on Monday night, AFC Grovesnor were expelled from the league, due to the behaviour of their players, following a ballot of the member clubs. This meant that their record was expunged from the league and as a consequence Bishops Frome now find themselves at the top of the Division One table.