SLEEP will not have been a problem for Kidderminster folk after Harriers' 0-0 Division Three bore draw with Scunthorpe United on Tuesday night.

But a second clean sheet in as many games was perhaps the most important aspect of the clash as Jan Molby's men frustrated another play-off hopeful.

It was clear maybe the players took the back-to-basics call a little too literally by producing a surprisingly defensive performance on home turf.

Golden chances were at a premium and excitement was not far behind with hardly any talking points.

But after conceding 12 goals in three matches prior to Saturday's draw with Rochdale, the fact Harriers have snapped out of their losing run is a huge consolation.

With the table so tight, the teams that are leaking goals are in serious danger of being dragged into the feared relegation slot.

Paul Bracewell's Halifax Town are back there at the moment but it looks like being an exciting run-in both at the bottom of the table and in the play-off zone.

Whether Harriers have any say in either area remains to be seen though they will need an improved attacking display to defeat struggling Darlington on Saturday.

On Tuesday, Scunthorpe were quite lively to start with although Tim Clarke had no trouble holding a Steve Torpey header and Andy Dawson free-kick.

Harriers hit back when a right-wing cross from the lively Tony Bird was glanced across the face of goal by midfielder Paul Webb on 16 minutes.

The recalled Stewart Hadley forced a save from Tom Evans on the half-hour though in keeping with the game, the shot was never going to cause many problems.

Drewe Broughton fired a snap-shot off-target, while the visitors' Alex Calvo-Garcia skidded a 30-yard drive perilously close to Clarke's goal.

Clarke's reflexes saved Harriers three minutes before half-time as Wayne Graves found rare space in the penalty box and crashed a 12-yard drive goalwards.

Harriers' keeper was happy to hold early second-half efforts from distance, fired by Gareth Sheldon and Graves. Meanwhile, an effort from Daire Doyle was again far too close to Evans.

Subs Thomas Skovbjerg, Ian Bogie and John Durnin all entered the fray but not to much effect. Yet Evans was forced into his best save of the match 13 minutes from time when the powerful Webb burst through and forced him into a diving stop.

The final whistle came as a relief - neither side could really claim they deserved the three points and Harriers had to settle for their 13th draw of the season.

Boss Jan Molby admitted: "In the first half, we were petrified and made them look better players. Our players seemed occupied with trying to defend and keep their shape."

Harriers unveiled their new £20,000 electronic scoreboard.