A GROUP of men has appeared in court following a mass brawl at a Worcester burger bar which resulted in injuries.

As previously reported, mass disorder broke out at Hanbao in Foregate Street in the city centre which forced owners to close the terrace temporarily.

Four men appeared at Worcester Magistrates Court on Thursday, three of them indicating guilty pleas to the violence while one chose not to indicate pleas.

Jason Newton, 24, of Larchmere Drive, Bromsgrove, admitted assault occasioning actual bodily harm against Adrian Busmanis and affray during the incident on December 4 last year.

Connor Franklin, 24, of Broughton Green, Droitwich also admitted ABH against Mr Busmanis and affray on the same date.

Cohen Harford, 23, of Cofton Park Close, Rednal, Birmingham admitted two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, one against Adrian Busmanis and the other against Kurt Drummond, on the same date.

He also admitted affray. A fourth defendant, 24-year-old Daniel Sinfield of Churchill Road, Catshill, Bromsgrove did not indicate pleas to ABH and affray.

Aleigha Adams, prosecuting, did not give details in court other than to describe it as 'a large incident of disorder at Hanbao'.

However, we reported at the time that police appealed for witnesses following a fight which resulted in the temporary closure of the terrace at the burger and cocktail bar. At the time the owners apologised to neighbours and customers.

The disorder broke out at 9.50pm while West Mercia Police later appealed for information about the violence.

Miss Adams argued in court that the case should be committed to crown court for sentence for those defendants who has had admitted the offences.

Mis Adams added: "It's in excess of your sentencing powers."

Jo Outhwaite, who appeared on behalf of Franklin and Harford, said CCTV footage of the incident had yet to be served but accepted that the crown court was the appropriate venue to hear the case.

"It's certainly a matter for the crown court to deal with" said Miss Outhwaite.

Unconditional bail was granted for all four defendants and a date of July 9 this year was agreed upon for the hearing at Worcester Crown Court.