WORCESTER City capped a memorable 24 hours by recording a stunning 3-0 FA Trophy replay victory at Telford United.

Just a day after it was announced the club had officially been released from their contract with St Modwen, giving them genuine hope for the future, the club reached the second round of non-league’s leading knockout event, following a superb display at the New Bucks Head.

Carl Heeley’s side struck three times during eight first-half minutes as they crushed their Skrill North rivals to bank the £5,000 winners’ cheque and book a date against Aldershot, who beat Weston-Super-Mare 5-2.

Daniel Nti, Ellis Deeney and Aaron Williams were all on target before the break and, but for a glaring miss by Danny Glover, it could have been even better.

Although they didn’t add to their tally, the damage had already been done with the terrific first-half salvo.

The triumph was also built on a sterling defensive effort from the visitors, who remained resolute to ensure the Shropshire outfit have not scored against Worcester in three league and cup meetings this term.

Graham Hutchison and Matt Regan were at the heart of keeping Telford at bay but every City player worked their socks off from start to finish.

Worcester’s onslaught began in the 19th minute when Deeney whipped in a corner from the left and Nti guided his header beyond Ryan Young.

Barely two minutes later the visitors doubled their advantage and again it was Deeney’s delivery that caused havoc.

The former Aston Villa youth skipper’s inviting cross from about 25 yards evaded everyone, including Young, and nestled in the far corner of the goal.

That sent the travelling support crazy but things got even better for Heeley’s men in the 27th minute.

On-loan striker Dominic Dell, making his first start for the club, slipped a neat pass to Aaron Williams just inside the box and he fired a controlled drive beyond the helpless Young for only his second goal of the season.

City continued to have chances, with Nti landing a header on the roof of Young’s goal, while Glover side-footed wide agonisingly following an excellent move.

Telford, booed off at the break, failed to improve sufficiently in the second period and Jose Veiga, Worcester’s hero in last Saturday’s original 0-0 draw between the teams, was seldom called into action.

It took Liam Watson’s side 80 minutes to register a shot on target through substitute Sean Clancy, while Sean Cooke rattled the post with a late free-kick.

At the other end, City maintained their threat with both Dell and Aaron Williams firing inches wide.

A Telford backlash didn't materialise and Worcester deservedly kept their hopes in the competition alive.

City: Veiga 8, G Williams 8, Weir 8, Regan 9, Hutchison 9, Deeney 9*, A Williams 8, Taundry 8, Nti (Nelson-Addy 78) 9, Glover 8 (Leslie 87), Dell 8 (Moore 69, 7). Subs not used: Munday, Hawker.

Attendance: 603.