WE had an excellent result against Bedford Blues because they are a good team and kept coming at us.

Not a lot of teams this season have put 42 points on Bedford.

We played well in the early stages of the game but, for about 10 to 15 minutes in the second phase of the first-half, we didn’t respect the field position.

Bedford put a bit of pressure on us and that was where their first try came from. Perhaps we could have done a better job of getting out of our own half but the way we started in the second period was amazing.

We started with a bang and scored from the restart. It was nice to get my first try for Warriors and be on the receiving end of the last pass.

It was a good move and the credit for the try needs to go to Mike Daniels. Nine out of 10 tighthead props would have messed it up but Mikey did well and ran hard.

I was lucky enough to be there at the end of it.

I was chuffed with our display because a lot of the boys hadn’t played for four weeks.

There was rustiness and some mistakes but it was definitely an improvement from the last game at Rotherham. The guys who started the game did well – we didn’t get a lot of reward from the referee at the breakdown.

We had an excellent crowd and I want to thank all the people who came along. Our average attendance at Sixways has gone up and that shows we are doing something right.

We will be travelling to Plymouth on Saturday and will respect their challenge. Plymouth have got a strong combination in the centres and we are lucky enough to have Heath Stevens, who played there last year, so he has given us some insight.

We need to enforce our game on Plymouth. It’s probably going to be windy and wet and that’s always a great leveller. We need to find our feet as soon as possible.

It’s great to see from the table that we have conceded the fewest points in our division and that is something we work hard on.

You win games by scoring tries but you win competitions by having the best defence. We are harsh on ourselves when it comes to reviewing our defence.

I popped into the Pheasant pub in Worcester on Saturday afternoon to watch South Africa’s international defeat against Ireland.

I was joined by Darren O’Shea, Niall Annett and a lad from Ulster. The pub’s run by a South African and the banter was good but I had to keep quiet from the second-half onwards.

It’s the English next for South Africa and I am looking forward to it. I am sure my country will bounce back at Twickenham and I will definitely be watching.