WORCESTER City's long wait for silverware continues after they were beaten 2-1 by landlords Kidderminster Harriers in the Worcestershire FA Senior Cup final tonight.

Despite Sean Geddes' 17th goal of the campaign giving City the lead four minutes into the second-half, Harriers hit back through Luke Maxwell and substitute Jared Hodgkiss to win the competition for the first time in five years.

City more than matched their higher-ranked opponents for large periods in the battle of Aggborough, watched by a crowd of 1,029, but defeat means they have not won a trophy since the Southern League Cup triumph of 2001.

Carl Heeley's side will now look to chase an eighth-placed finish in Vanarama Conference North when they host Colwyn Bay in Saturday's final match of the season.

With Kyle Haynes cup-tied, City brought in Shabir Khan, switching Tyler Weir to right-back, and made a bright start with Daniel Nti planting the ball over the bar after Kennedy Digie sliced his clearance.

Nti also had an effort saved by Jasbir Singh after Rob Elvins, continuing in a midfield role, played him in on the left.

The City forward fired wide soon after but his presence, along with the physicality of Mike Symons, was enough for Harriers to sacrifice Digie after just 23 minutes and bring on the experience of Hodgkiss.

Many of Harriers' chances were from distance in the first-half with Ahmed Obeng, captain Jack Byrne and Jake Green all firing wide of Jose Veiga's goal.

But Gary Whild's predominantly youthful side were quick going forward and felt aggrieved when Keyon Reffell's effort, a tidy finish under Veiga, was ruled offside before the break when it appeared fellow forward Akwasi Asante had been the offender.

Harriers, who had scorers Maxwell and Hodgkiss booked, were on the front foot immediately after the restart and Craig Reid flicked an effort inches wide from Jake Green's cross.

But City responded in kind and took the lead in the 49th minute. Breaking downfield, Nti played the ball to Geddes and, from a central position outside the box, City's top-scorer curled the ball with his left boot into the bottom corner beyond the reach of Singh.

However, Worcester's lead lasted just five minutes as Reid's corner sparked pinball in the six-yard box and Maxwell stabbed the loose ball home through a crowd of bodies.

City, who had Tyler Weir and Geddes cautioned, had the bit between their teeth and began to crank up the pressure.

But Harriers threw on Lee Hughes, to a chorus of boos from the City support, and it seemed to spur them on.

Within six minutes of the veteran striker's arrival, Obeng cut the ball back from the right and Hodgkiss provided a neat finish past Veiga into the far corner.

City brought on Tristian Dunkley for Geddes in search of an equaliser but they could not find a way back.

City: Veiga 7, Weir 7 (Sousa 86), Shabir 8 (Smith 67, 7), Charles 7, Rowe 7, Denny 7, Elvins 7, Deeney 8, Symons 8, Geddes 8* (Dunkley 79), Nti 7. Subs not used: Lemon.

Harriers: J Singh 7, Green 7, Digie 5 (Hodgkiss 23, 8), Grimes 8, Tunnicliffe 7, Byrne 7, Maxwell 7, Obeng 8, Reffell 7, Reid 8 (Wright 64, 7), Asante 8 (Hughes 73). Subs not used: G Singh, Forsyth.