Boston 1, Harriers 1

A LATE goal ended Harriers' 100 per cent away record in the National League North in a stormy hit game in Lincolnshire.

A Joe Robinson own goal had fired Kidderminster into a deserved lead but Pilgrims skipper Joe Maguire headed in an equaliser.

After two previous away wins, it was the first points dropped away from Aggborough.

It was an enthralling affair, with Harriers not taking advantage of a host of chances.

The game could easily have been called off in the second half as a stormy raged above the Jakemans Stadium and the rain poured down in biblical proportions.

Harriers made the perfect start when they opened the scoring in the third minute.

Ipswich's Robinson endured an eventful start to his debut for Boston.

He had prevented a certain goal when he cleared the ball off the line after Mani Dieseruvwe had challenged keeper Christian Dibble.

But he had his head in his hands less than 60 seconds later when he diverted a driven low cross from Zaine Francis-Angol into the back of the net.

The goal summed up a frenetic first half, with the hosts picking up four yellow cards because of fussy referee Anthony Tankard.

Harriers had dominated, forcing ten corners, but had not added to their lead.

With thunder and lightning raging around the ground, there was a stormy game developing on the pitch, with United strike Gregg Smith booked for a foul on Keith Lowe.

Boston wideman Marcus Marshall also went in the book for barging into Lowe, who had snuffed out the attacker's surging run in the 26th minute.

Dibble kept the score at 1-0 and denied Harriers wideman Tyrell Waite when he turned round his firm effort from a tight angle after good hold up play by Mani Dieseruvwe.

Joe Maguire was also yellow carded, much to the annoyance of the home fans, for a foul.

Arthur Gnahoua nearly made it 2-0 after a gliding run but his shot was saved athletically by United's keeper.

Kiddy attacker James McQuilkin was booked for time wasting, prompting ironic cheers from the home fans.

But Boston were posing a threat and it took keeper Sam Hornby putting off Jason St Juste at the far post in the 41st minute, as he prodded wide from a Marshall right wi cross.

Harriers thought they had scored a second goal in the 43rd minute but Dieseruvwe was booked for using his hand to force the ball over the line?

The away side ended with more pressure but went into the break with just the one goal lead.

The hosts started the second half strongly and Jay Rollins saw a 20-yard effort saved by Kiddy keeper Hornby.

Boston were applying pressure on the visiting defence.

Dieseruvwe shot over from the edge of the box in the 52nd minute after a pacey counter-attack.

Harriers nearly doubled their lead on the hour mark. Elton Ngwatala arrived late in the box but saw his header hit the post, before Robinson blocked tow in targets efforts from McQuilkin.

Lowe was then denied when his shot was blocked bravely by Smith.

The busy Dibble was called into action again in the 64th minute when he turned a shot from Waite behind.

The wind continued to pour, strong winds blow and lightning crackle around the ground but despite the weather worries, the game continued.

The dangerous McQuilkin saw a low shot fly wide and minutes later, Dieseruvwe headed over from a Gnahoua cross.

Veteran defender Wayne Thomas replaced Ngwatala in the 79th minute as Harriers looked to stay tight at the back but they kept the pressure on United.

But the home side made it 1-1 when captain Maguire rose to meet substitute Lewis Hilliard's free-kick and power a header into the back of the net.

Waite nearly bagged a late winner when he hit the host but the winger was also judged to be offside by the officials.

But in the end, an eventful game ended honours even as Harriers had to settle for a point.

Harriers: Hornby, Williams, Francis-Angol, Croasdale, Lowe, Tunnicliffe, Waite, McQuilkin, Dieseruvwe, Ngwatala (Thomas, 78), Gnahoua (Austin, 85).

Subs not used: Truslove, Stambolziev, Brown.

Boston: Dibble, Burgess (Price, 63), Wildin, Pepe-Ngoma, Maguire, Robinson, Marshall (Zamora, 70), McMillan, Rollins, Smith, St Juste (Hilliard, 70).

Subs not used: Colley, Adams.

Referee: Anthony Tankard Attendance: 1047 (97)