WORCESTER City’s impressive end-of-season form continued as they coasted to a 3-0 win at Quorn on Saturday to keep their slim Midland League Premier Division promotion hopes alive.

And according to manager John Snape the players will keep believing until they are mathematically ruled out of the race, something which could happen before they return to action at South Normanton Athletic next weekend.

A first-half double from Dave Reynolds and an audacious 30-yard effort from Nick Turton wrapped up a convincing win over mid-table Quorn to round off a week that has seen speculation about the future of the club come to the fore.

“There’s been a lot of talk this week but we’ve kept going,” Snape admitted. “The lads have done well in the face of adversity.

“That’s three wins on the bounce and we’ve scored 10 goals in those three games. It’s also another clean sheet and I think we’ve only lost one out of our last 14 games.

“It means we go into the last week of the season still with a chance of finishing second and we’ll keep applying the right attitude until we’re mathematically out of it.”

City currently sit fourth in the table, three points behind Coleshill Town and a point adrift of Highgate United.

But while Snape’s side has just one to play their promotion rivals are in midweek action with Highgate heading to Coventry United on Monday and Coleshill travelling to rock-bottom Rocester on Tuesday.

Saturday then sees Highgate host Coventry United while Coleshill head to Shawbury United.

City did all that was asked of them at Quorn, scoring an early goal through the impressive Reynolds.

But they needed keeper Adam Przybek to be alert prior to the goal as he kept out a Ryan Evans effort at his near post before Mark Smith mopped up.

The breakthrough came on 13 minutes. Alex Tomkinson did well before teeing up Reynolds who made no mistake with a well-struck shot past Haydn Whitcombe in the home goal.

Snape had included City youngster Ryan Mole in his defence and the teenager impressed with a couple of timely tackles as Quorn looked to haul themselves level.

Evans managed to chip the Worcester keeper only for the ball to drift wide, Dan Brennan shot too high and Lawrence Gorman planted a header over the target.

Chances were limited at the other end apart from a Matt Birley effort that forced a save.

But with a minute to go before the break Reynolds struck his second of the game – and his 29th of the season – following some good work by Tomkinson and James Baldwin whose sharp passing sliced through the Leicestershire side.

Tomkinson and George Forsyth could have added to City’s lead in the second half while the best the home side could muster was a Seal effort that Przybek did well to save with his feet.

Then with 20 minutes to go Turton wrapped up the scoring with a 30-yard lob over the keeper after Baldwin’s initial effort had been cleared.

Worcester: Przybek, Keasey, Mole (Chiwara 64), Forsyth, M Smith, Gomes, Birley, Baldwin (Moran 78), Turton, Reynolds (Ambalu 82), Tomkinson. Subs not used: Harper, Robinson.

Attendance: 174.