RAMPANT Worcester Warriors tore sorry Bristol Bears apart with an outstanding seven-try triumph at Sixways.

After Bristol opened the scoring with a try from Yann Thomas, Warriors scored 52 unanswered points for their biggest Gallagher Premiership victory.

The hosts had the bonus point wrapped up by half-time as Gerrit-Jan van Velze, Ryan Mills, Marco Mama and Francois Venter went over.

Chris Pennell and Josh Adams then got on the scoresheet as Warriors continued their dominance after the interval.

Replacement Ryan Bower saw red late on but that failed to derail Worcester who completed the scoring with a try from Bryce Heem at the death.

The bumper home victory also moved Alan Solomons’ side up to seventh on point difference.

Warriors were lifted by the return of several key men as they fielded arguably their strongest available starting XV for the much-anticipated clash.

Wing Heem, centre Venter, openside flanker Sam Lewis and tighthead prop Nick Schonert all recovered from injuries to face Bears.

But Bristol got off to a flying start, scoring inside the opening three minutes.

After number eight Jack Lam broke through and was stopped short, the ball was quickly recycled and prop Thomas was on hand to finish under the posts with Ian Madigan applying the conversion.

It was a wake-up call for Warriors who responded with a long-range penalty from Pennell before scoring their first try on 13 minutes.

Darren Barry surged through Bristol’s defence before the ball was moved wide and Heem fed van Velze who crossed in the corner.

Duncan Weir landed the touchline conversion to put Worcester 10-7 in front.

Moments later Bristol had the chance to level the scores but Madigan pushed his kick wide ­— a miss he was left to rue as Warriors kicked on.

With Worcester on top in the scrum Bristol found themselves under plenty of pressure.

Heem and then van Velze were held up over the try-line but Mills was not to be denied on 26 minutes.

The centre started the move with a superb offload before getting on the end of Francois Hougaard’s pass to slice through to score. Weir added the extras.

Warriors remained on the front foot and added two more converted tries in the closing five minutes of an impressive first-half display.

After some great juggling skills from Sam Lewis on the wing to keep the attack alive, Mama slipped off a couple of tackles to score against his former club.

Venter then intercepted prop John Afoa’s pass before running 80 minutes and acrobatically touching down under the posts.

Weir’s simple conversion gave Warriors a 31-7 lead at half-time.

Bristol would have hoped to regroup at the break but Warriors just continued where they left off as they struck in the first three minutes of the second period.

Off the back of a line-out Hougaard floated the ball over to Pennell who hammered his way over the try-line.

Warriors were in dreamland as they notched their sixth try on 49 minutes.

This time Siale Piutau offloaded the ball out of his hand only to see Adams intercept and race over.

Weir landed both conversions to give Warriors a 45-7 advantage.

Bristol emptied the bench in a bid to stem the flow but the hosts refused to give their opponents an inch in defence.

With 11 minutes to go Warriors suffered a blow as Bower saw red for a shoulder charge to Will Hurrell’s head.

But Worcester had the final say as Pennell showed great hands to find Heem who touched down in the corner.

Weir’s conversion completed a perfect kicking display.

Warriors: Pennell 9; Heem 9, Venter 9, Mills 9, Adams 8; Weir 9, Hougaard 9; Black 8 (Bower 6, 58), Singleton 8 (Taufete’e 66), Schonert 9 (Kerrod 66), Bresler 8 (Phillips 58), Barry 8, Mama 9, LEWIS 9 (Black 72), Van Velze 9 (Hill 68). Not used: Heaney, Lance, Humphreys.

Bears: Kirchner; Morahan (Edwards 46), Hurrell, Piutau, Leiua; Madigan (Sheedy 46), Uren (Stirzaker 68); Thomas (Woolmore 52), Thacker (Fenton-Wells 37), Afoa (Armstrong 56), Holmes (Jeffries 56), Joyce, Luatua, Smith (Thomas 46), Lam.

Referee: W Barnes.

Attendance: 9,172.