WORCESTER women's seconds remained top of Worcestershire League Division One with a 3-2 win at Stourport fourths.

Clare Hayes bagged a brace with Libby Wycherley also on target.

The third-from-bottom firsts lost 5-1 at Midlands Feeder West leaders Lichfield seconds.

The visitors defended for most of the first half and conceded late on but still had chances to equalise.

In an end-to-end spell Worcester levelled in the second period after a Lucy Merrett pass found Julie Harwood in the circle and she slipped it past the diving keeper.

But Worcester, who host bottom-of-the-table Warwick on Saturday, then succumbed to heavy pressure with four more goals for Lichfield.

The thirds went down 2-0 at home to mid-table Harborne fifths in Division Two, conceding both goals on the break, but their talented youngsters showed promise.

Worcester fourths lost 2-1 at Harborne sixths in Division Three with Caitlin Davis scoring an eye-catching goal.

Injury-hit Worcester men’s firsts lost 3-1 at Northampton Saints in Midlands League Division One.

Saints started well but Worcester soon found their feet and created half-chances.

The hosts won short corners and forced fine saves from keeper Tom Dalton before a penalty corner produced the opening goal.

Saints pressed high in the second period but with the confidence growing Worcester had the opportunities to level.

Jack Townsend went around the keeper but his shot was stopped by a last-minute intervention from a defender.

But then Worcester won a penalty corner and Chris Watling fired in the equaliser.

Worcester plugged away at the defence but could not make another breakthrough.

Northampton won several more penalty corners and after further fine saves by Dalton regained the lead.

Then Saints won a short corner and put it away in the second phase to complete the scoring.

Rob Goodman scored in the seconds' 6-1 loss at Old Silhillians firsts in the West Midlands Premier.

Worcester thirds lost 4-3 at home to their Harborne counterparts but probably deserved a point at least.

The goals in the South West Premier clash were scored by Elliot Lamond and Brett Pittam (2).

Worcester fourths secured a 4-2 victory over Redditch thirds in South West Two despite going behind to a penalty corner.

Matthew Sharratt equalised shortly before the break.

In the second half Worcester worked hard and were soon rewarded when Billy Forrester-Walker put them ahead.

Sharratt got his second and then Redditch made it 3-2 only for Worcester to score their fourth through Adam Ball.

There was no success for the fifths who went down 2-0 at Barford Tigers fourths in South West Two.

Worcester sixths had a tough day at South West Three leaders Stourport fourths whose side included age-group internationals.

The first half ended with Worcester 7-0 down and without a goalkeeper who suffered an asthma incident.

But they came out fighting in the second period and threatened the Stourport D on occasions.

The keeper was able to return but the visitors then lost an outfield player to injury.

Despite a huge effort the gulf in ability and only 10 players meant Worcester conceded several more to leave a heavy 15-0 defeat.

The sevenths went down 6-1 at home to Hampton-in-Arden fourths in South West Three.

A 2-0 win over a competitive Thame team meant Worcester girls' under 14s qualified for the regional finals.

They could finish top of their group by winning the last match.