MALVERN Town ruthlessly punished Pershore's lack of fortune and firepower to edge a keenly-contested FA Vase replay 2-0.

Harry Clark may have felt fortunate to see his volley squeeze through the dive of Toby Wilcox before the break but Kyonn Evans wrapped it up with a dipping strike worthy of winning any game.

READ MORE | Pershore 0 Malvern 2 - reaction

READ MORE | Sunday's Report and ratings - Malvern 1 Pershore 1

READ MORE | El Lesico - Reaction to part one and preview of part two

READ MORE | City seek stadium alternatives due to "no will" for Perdiswell

There were three changes to each side from Sunday's draw with injuries and unavailability playing their part.

Pershore keeper Matt Gwynne and right-back Steve Webb were injured, replaced by Wilcox and Jamie Smith.

Creative midfielder Umit Eminoglu was unavailable and was due to be replaced by Ben Lane but in a late change Jake Cavens comes in. 

Malvern brought in George Hayes for Curtis Smith at full-back in a tactical switch. 

Adam Sauntson and James Febery carried knocks so in came Phil Harris, back after playing cricket for Barnards Green at New Road on Sunday, and Harry Wickett.

There was plenty of endeavour but little poise early on with stand-in Wilcox’s spill near Jamie Sauntson’s feet from a low corner to the near post the only threat to either goal. 

Wilcox gathered Louis Loader's crisp free-kick at the second attempt 18 minutes in shortly before Pershore were dealt a double blow.

Dane Aldington withdrew through injury and captain Shaun Griffiths suffered the same fate before play had a chance to restart.  

The hosts had to weather a storm but brought the game to life by hitting the woodwork twice in as many minutes.

James Baldwin was cynically fouled on the left edge of the box with substitute Matt Pinder’s driven free-kick scraping the outside of the post seven minutes before the interval.

Sam Clarke’s thundering challenge and pass then saw Nick Seabourne lay off for Zaqib Hussain to burst down the right of the box to thump the underside of the bar.

But no sooner had Pershore came to life than Malvern landed the first blow.

Hesitancy at the back led to Ben Miller stroking to Clark to lash a half volley that Wilcox seemed to have covered only for it to fly through his grasp two minutes before the break.

Sam Hunt curled one narrowly beyond the far post in search of a second and the brisk tempo built towards the end of the first half continued in the second.

The play was even but Malvern carried the greater threat, Matt Turner volleying narrowly off target after being lofted in by Evans and Miller’s big swirling cross hitting the side of Clark’s head six yards out.

Baldwin nudged in Pinder at the other end but Haydn Whitcombe raced from his line to block and Turner drove narrowly past the upright on the break within seconds of that Pershore attack.

Hussain roared past Hunt and hammered in a cross-shot that Whitcombe had to swat away with 20 minutes to go before a golden chance to level went begging.

The crowd were in disbelief as Pinder volleyed over unchallenged from pretty much under the crossbar as Whitcombe waited in vain for a foul that never materialised.

And Malvern again punished Pershore after that close shave, sealing their progress with nine minutes to go.

Hunt nodded a goal-kick into Miller who guided into Evans to stride inside his man and unleash an unstoppable curving effort into the top far corner.

Seabourne bullied his way inside to thump at the chest of Whitcombe late on but there would be no way through as Malvern banked £550 in prize money and a home tie with Midland Football League Division One outfit NKF Burbage in the second qualifying round.

Pershore star man - Jordan Hayward

Just like the first game the left-back was a driving force but it was his defensive work that got him the nod this time. 

The backline was hampered by the loss of captain Shaun Griffiths and the amount of tracking back Hayward did and headers he won at vital times was crucial in keeping Malvern at bay during spells of pressure.

Honourable mention for Jack Allerton who slotted into the back line and did a stellar job after Griffiths withdrew.

Pershore: Wilcox 4.5, J Smith 5.5, Hayward 8*, Aldington 6 (Pinder, 23, 6), Griffiths 6.5 (Allerton, 25, 7.5), Noke 7.5, Hussain 7.5, Clarke 7, Seabourne 6, Cavens 6, Baldwin 6.

Unused subs: Pawson, Harding.

Malvern star man - Kyonn Evans

Impressive hold-up play, strength and ability to bring others into the play. 

Did not look like he would get the goal his graft warranted but it came in the end, and in some style. 

Honourable mentions for Harry Clark, Ben Miller and Matt Turner, effervescent in flashes and providing enough to justify victory for the visitors in a tight game. 

At the other end Haydn Whitcombe pulled off vital saves at key times.

Malvern: Whitcombe 7.5, Hayes 6, Hunt 7, Harris 7, J Sauntson 7.5, Wickett 6.5, Turner 7.5 (Fusco, 87), Loader 7, Evans 8*, Miller 7.5 (Craven, 84), Clark 7.5.

Unused subs: Smith, A Sauntson, Hooper.

Attendance: 202.