OFF-colour Evesham United exited the FA Trophy having been overpowered 3-0 by a bristling Halesowen Town.

Luke Yates and Montel Gibson provided the goals and displays that never gave the Robins a moment of peace and keeper Lochie Robertson saved his side on a number of occasions with Yeltz a cut above throughout.

READ MORE | Injury could force Evesham boss into transfer market - plus reaction to Halesowen defeat 

Halesowen made a quick start with a stinging Yates shot cannoning off keeper Lochie Robertson with Josh Hawker denied having raced at a hesitant Brian Smikle in front of the Evesham goal.

Jordon Sangha’s slick exchange with Matt Dodd ended with the latter flashing across goal only for the centre to narrowly evade Lee Chilton and Kai Tonge and Harry Franklin picked up in the middle of the park but thumped wide of the near post for Evesham. 

Town went within a whisker of the opener when Yates was played in over top to lob Robertson but the goal-bound effort was acrobatically hooked off the line by Aaron Roberts while facing his own goal.

The pressure grew with Brad Maslen-Jones diving in and the ball breaking for Gibson to drive towards goal but Robertson got the vital touch over.

Evesham again got caught playing quickly from the back, Robbie Bunn nipping in ahead of Smikle with his one-two with Yates in front of goal cut out by the stretching full-back whose diversion only just crept beyond the upright.

The breakthrough came nine minutes before the break when a half-cleared James Bowen free-kick came out to Hawker and while his half volley was beaten away by Robertson, Yates picked up in the aftermath and lashed in from 20 yards on the run.

A Yates cross from the left corner found Gibson at the far post with his downward header impressively swatted away by a single Robertson glove to keep the Robins in it at the break.

But the second half continued in the same vein with Hawker finding Reece Hewitt left of centre to go in one-on-one with Robertson whose low save to his left was more comfortable than it should have been.

Number two soon came, though, and in simple fashion with a long ball over the top from keeper Brendon Bunn allowed to bounce for Gibson to lift over Robertson and finish unchallenged.

The openings kept coming with Yates’s instinctive shot on the run well parried around the post by Robertson and substitute Jamie Molyneux heading into the Bristol City youngster's arms with his first touch from a free header at the far post.

Robbie Bunn found Gibson in the left of box to cut back to Molyneux but his deflected shot bounced wide with the exposed Robertson floored.

Matters got worse when Evesham substitute Billy Howard was shown a straight red card for crashing into Bowen seven minutes after coming on.

Town added the coup de grace in added time when Yates’s low drive from the right corner of the box diverted low inside the far post via a telling deflection off the unfortunate Maslen-Jones.

Yeltz: B Bunn 7, Piggott 7, Bowen 7.5 (Wright, 76, 7), Sammons 7.5, McCone 7.5, Evans 7, Hawker 7.5 (Molyneux, 61, 6.5), R Bunn 7.5, Gibson 8 (Lucas, 83), Hewitt 7, Yates 9*.

Unused subs: Ashmore, Catlow (g/k).

Robins: Robertson 9*, Smikle 4.5 (Sullivan, 51, 5), Morrison 5.5, Roberts 6.5, Maslen-Jones 6, Franklin 6 (Howard, 64, 2), Dodd 5 (O’Neill, 64, 5), Bragoli 4.5, Tonge 6, Chilton 6, Sangha 5.

Unused subs: Page, Magee.

Referee: Andrew Ellis.

Attendance: 389.