LIVE: Highgate United v Worcester City

Our live feed has now finished.

  • FT: Highgate 2 (Hendrie 85, Conlon 90+1) City 2 (Brown 14, 35)
  • CITY blew a two-goal lead in the final five minutes as Highgate repeated the comeback they had been on the receiving end of a fortnight ago.
  • Demetri Brown’s double had put Worcester in command at half-time but the pressure gradually grew throughout the second half with Stuart Hendrie making a game of it late on.
  • City wobbled from there and shipped the leveller a minute past the 90 with Ryan Conlon scooping into the net following a scruffy corner.
  • Conlon might have grabbed the winner, firing under Dan Jezeph whose backside slowed down the ball sufficiently for City to clear their lines.
  • There was still time for midfielder Luke Rowe to get sent off for a late lunge on Trevor Edwards, the Highgate man who was perhaps lucky to remain on the pitch himself having walked a tightrope while on a booking.
  • It was a scrappy but engaging tussle with City moving ahead from the first proper opening of the game in the 14th minute.
  • Liam Lockett stroked forward into Marco Adaggio over halfway with the striker guiding into Brown to take a touch past Alex Price and steer low inside the near post when one-on-one with keeper James Beeson.
  • The second arrived 10 minutes before half-time, Rowe picking up under pressure on the right and showing great vision to roll his man and pick out Chris Withington.
  • Withington immediately punched straight into Brown to touch past Alex Price and rifle in low off the near post.
  • There was a golden chance for City to notch a third around the hour mark, Lockett breaking from a Highgate corner to feed Brown who cut inside but his delayed shot was charged down by Mitchell Mollinson.
  • Edwards might have had a second booking when he clipped Adaggio on the break but Highgate kept pushing forward, even more so after City struggled to make the ball stick up top once Brown had been substituted.
  • Craig Jones produced a vital interception to deny Isaac Jagroop, United’s liveliest frontrunner, a tap in from a right-wing cross.
  • The deficit should have been halved when Seegu Sebbeh Nije’s corner to the far post found Shay Palmer who nodded off target from in front of goal.
  • Luke English got a vital touch on the loose with City hacking away while Highgate asked for a penalty but the hosts did not have to wait much longer for a breakthrough as time ebbed away.
  • Jones didn't quite connect with a bouncing ball into left edge of box while tangling with Stuart Hendrie who pinched it and rolled low past Jezeph from 15 yards.
  • It was all United from there with a corner to the near post flicked on by Price for Conlon got a flick in front of goal but only into Jezeph's gloves.
  • Another set piece saw Jagroop miss his header from a few yards out but while Kurtis Mewies charged down Conlon’s shot at the far post, it broke for Jagroop to find Conlon again to scoop into the roof of the net.
  • Conlon was found on the left of the area only for Jezeph to deny him the winner, while Rowe was dismissed during the dying embers with his indiscretion ruling him out of City’s big FA Vase clash at home to Coventry United on January 12 through suspension.


Get involved
with the news

Send your news & photos