WORCESTER Warriors were hammered 62-5 at Saracens in the Gallagher Premiership today.

The embarrassing scoreline was compounded by a serious-looking injury to lock Michael Fatialofa who was stretchered off on 51 minutes after a lengthy stoppage.

Wing Ed Fidow's first Premiership try for Warriors from a chip and chase soon after was merely a consolation with Jono Lance unable to convert from out wide.

The victory boosted Sarries' bid to catch up with the rest at the bottom after their 35-point deduction for breaching salary cap rules. They won the Premiership and European Rugby Champions Cup last season.

Fatialofa's exit with a suspected neck problem following a collision adds to a Worcester injury list which had already led to six changes to the starting line-up.

Warriors director of rugby Alan Solomons said: “We were comprehensively outplayed by a side who played magnificently. They were absolutely outstanding.

“The problem we had is we were unable to stop their momentum and once they got that momentum and quick front-foot ball it makes defence very difficult.”

On Fatialofa, Solomons said: “It is a massive concern and I’m worried about it but I haven’t had a report from the hospital.

"The medics have taken all precautions and done everything possible. We’ve contacted his partner to let her know.”

The club said on Twitter: "Thank you for all the messages regarding Michael. He is currently in hospital being assessed."

An update later said Fatialofa was being kept in St Mary’s Hospital, Paddington, overnight.

Sarries bounced back from their 14-7 defeat at rivals Exeter for the bonus-point victory, running in 10 tries against outclassed opponents at Allianz Park.

Rotimi Segun, a late replacement for the injured Sean Maitland, crossed in each half to spearhead the assault while Ben Earl, Brad Barritt, Mako Vunipola, Richard Barrington, Maro Itoje, Duncan Taylor, Jackson Wray and Elliot Daly also touched down.

Mako Vunipola's try on the half-hour mark secured the bonus point but he then received an injury to his shoulder when illegally cleared out at a ruck and was substituted at half-time.

The resounding victory came in the week that owner Nigel Wray stepped down as chairman in the wake of the salary cap scandal.

A match spanning 126 minutes was overshadowed by the potentially serious injury to replacement Fatialofa who had been on the pitch just over a minute when he was hurt taking the ball into contact.

Play was held up for 15 minutes as Fatialofa received medical attention before he was carried from the pitch on a stretcher with his neck in a brace and taken to hospital.

Compounding a torrid afternoon was the sight of Conor Carey, their replacement tighthead, bouncing on one leg as he was helped off by two of Worcester's back-room staff.

Signs that the Warriors faced an uphill struggle came when Earl made a dynamic start as he powered over for the opening try before winning the turnover that enabled Saracens to renew their attack and score a second through Segun.

Sarries' pack played a key role in both touchdowns as waves of runners, led by the tackle-busting Vunipola brothers, battered an unstoppable path through Warriors.

Their dominance up-front was underlined when Barritt was at the bottom of a successful line-out drive but Worcester full-back Jamie Shillock being outjumped by Alex Lewington in the build-up had invited pressure.

Segun showed his footwork and pace to tear through the visiting defence and had he passed to Elliot Daly Sarries would have had the bonus point but on the half-hour mark it duly arrived.

Jamie George was stopped just short of the line following clever play from Owen Farrell but Mako Vunipola was on hand to complete the move.

Farrell then came through an anxious few moments as Craig Maxwell-Keys reviewed his tackle on wing Tom Howe but the referee decided it was a penalty only.

Lock Anton Bresler was not spared the sin-bin, however, for his dangerous clear-out of Mako Vunipola that left the England prop in considerable pain while Will Skelton also rode his luck at the same breakdown.

Mako Vunipola failed to appear for the second half but otherwise normal service resumed with Worcester scrambling furiously to defend their line and only a double tackle prevented Earl from scoring a second.

The move continued and replacement prop Barrington went over as the floodgates opened, Richard Wigglesworth's break downfield given fresh legs by Titi Lamositele before Maro crossed.

Once Fatialofa's unfortunate collision had been dealt with, wing Fidow raced over in the left corner to spare Worcester total humiliation but it was only a brief interlude as Segun produced a moment of genius to give Taylor an easy chance.

Taylor was held up over the line but Sarries continued to run riot and Jackson Wray was the next to score before Daly put Warriors out of their misery with the final blow to leave the champions 18 points adrift of 11th-placed Leicester.

Sarries director of rugby Mark McCall said: “We talked about playing with some real intensity and high work-rate and I think that’s what happened really so an enjoyable performance.

“It’s really important as we go through these months ahead that we enjoy our rugby and I thought there was a real joy in the players, especially in the first half.

“I think the really positive narrative of our season has been the emergence of a lot of our younger players and the academy crop.

"Rotimi Segun scored a couple of tries and you’ve got Ben Earl and Nick Isiekwe who were fantastic again.”

Warriors: Shillcock; Fidow, Beck, Mills (Lawrence 41), Howe; Lance, Heaney (Hougaard 51); Black (Bower 50), Moulds, Palframan (Carey 50-69), Bresler, G Kitchener (Fatialofa 50-51) (Taufete’e 51), Hill, Lewis (Mama 41), van Velze. Replacement not used: van Breda.

What did you think of Warriors' performance today? Post your thoughts below.