WORCESTER levelled late on to earn a hard-fought 2-2 draw at Stratford in Midland Women's League Feeder West.

It was the proverbial game of two halves for the city side in terms of performance.

In the first period Worcester found themselves under a lot of pressure, struggling to get passes away and get used to a new formation.

Yet they took the lead through a pick-up and early strike in the circle by Tash Walker which went like a bullet past the keeper.

But Stratford soon drew level and later in the half scored a second to take the lead.

In the second half with a slightly different formation Worcester grew in confidence and began to build sustained attacks and work together.

They began to transfer the ball around the back and across midfield.

It created space for Ava Thornley, Julie Harwood, Emma Gardner, Saska Ingham and Walker to push forward and create chances supported in the centre by Katie Wilson and Rhiannon Jones.

The defence stood firm with solid marking and tackling by Lyndsey Beynon, Lucy Goode, Gemma Styles and Helen Barnes with keeper Jaime Lewis directing operations.

Despite creating chances Worcester struggled to find the decisive touch before late in the half a ball from Beynon to Harwood allowed her to drive forward and score the equaliser.

Showing good game management, Worcester kept their heads for the rest of the game despite Stratford being awarded a penalty corner in the last minutes which was well defended.

Fourth-placed Worcester, who then beat Wolverhampton and Tettenhall 3-0 last Sunday, host Edgbaston seconds on Saturday.

The seconds beat Bromsgrove 4-3 with a Libby Wycherley hat-trick and a single from Jo Baggs.

Worcester thirds defeated Harborne 2-1 thanks to Tilly Cook and Caitlin Davies while the fourths played out a 0-0 draw with Droitwich Spa.

The men’s first team lost 5-1 to high-flying Hampton-in-Arden at RGS The Grange in windy conditions in Midland League Division One.

Second-from-bottom Worcester started well with Chris Whitmore scoring after a touch from Jack Townsend and then cross by Matt Gardner.

But things went downhill from there and they were 3-1 down by half-time.

Worcester fought back in the second period against an accomplished, well-drilled side but were unable to find the net again while the visitors scored twice more.

This was a setback after recent improved performances but there were still some positive signs ahead of Saturday's visit to winless Old Halesonians below them.

The seconds' fixture at Olton and West Warwick was postponed as the home side could not get a pitch and the thirds lost 8-0 to Stourport.

Worcester fourths continued their promotion push by beating Old Silhillians 4-2 through Daniel Howgego (2), Niall O’Kane and Sam Mason.

The fifths beat Droitwich 4-3 with Alex Kloda, James Bullock, Tom Howard and Stewart Flisher on target.

The sixths and sevenths lost to high-fliers in Olton 7-0 and Pershore 9-0 respectively.

Worcester's social mixed XI beat local rivals Malvern Dipsticks 4-3 thanks to Tom Lewis (2), Emma Gardner and Kevin Oliver.

The Potters juniors saw off Kings Heath 3-0.