OLLIE Lawrence was the star of the show as Worcester Warriors produced a clinical second-half performance to beat London Irish in a 10-try thriller at The Stoop. 

Warriors chalked up five scores in the second period, including a brace from Lawrence, to secure a much-needed win as Worcester jumped up a place and into ninth in the Gallagher Premiership. 

Lawrence, who turns 21 next week, also registered an assist, as he came off the bench to rightly earn his Man-of-the-Match award. 

Worcester hadn't won an away league game since November last year before today and managed just their second win in 13 league matches.

Irish started brightly and got off to a flier when Ben Loader crossed inside the opening two minutes. 

Warriors dominated the ball and territory for the remainder of the half but ill-discipline and handling errors saw them waste chance after chance before Francois Hougaard finally crossed after 24 minutes.

Duncan Weir's conversion meant the visitors took the lead, 5-7. 

Frustration grew as Worcester continued to not take their opportunities and Irish, despite being a man down after Isaac Curtis-Harris' sin bin for a high tackle, took the lead right on the half-time whistle through a Paddy Jackson penalty.

The second-half saw a different team emerge and Warriors were ahead again just two minutes in when Lawrence glided through the Irish midfield to set-up Hougaard for his second. 

Irish were to be a man light for the second time as centre Terrence Hepetema was sent to the bin for a shoulder charge just minutes later. 

The away team made the most of it and following a flowing first-phase move, Melani Nanai stretched his legs and ran through from 30 metres to create some breathing space on the scoreboard. 

The home team didn't give up, however, and the powerful Albert Tuisue muscled his way over from close range to reduce the deficit entering the final 20 minutes. 

Lawrence got his second of the afternoon when he cut through the defensive line from a few metres out to all but confirm the win. 

Irish added a couple of extra tries in the last ten minutes through Ben Donnell and Tom Homer but Tom Howe finished the scoring off when he joined a driving maul to dot down in the last minute. 

An impressive performance in the second-half after a sloppy opening means Warriors now go into the European break with a win and into ninth place in the table. 

Worcester have Saracens and Sale left to play to finish the season.