November 9, 2014, a day that will live long in the memory for all Worcester City fans forever more.

The 'magic of the cup' is a phrase banded around every year and it rings true, nothing quite beats an upset in this competition, there is just something so unique about it.

And that was no more true than this day six years ago, when Worcester City geared up for their FA Cup first round tie against the 1987 winners, Coventry City, at the Ricoh Arena.

City fans travelled in their numbers, with 3,000-odd making the trip up the M5, almost matching the home side's support on the day.

The Sky Blues saw keeper Lee Burge sent off following an altercation with Worcester striker Daniel Nti just before half-time, which resulted in a penalty that Sean Geddes tucked home.

Coventry had a glorious chance to equalise but City's Nathan Vaughan saved Reda Johnson's poor spot-kick, after now Leicester City star, James Maddison, was brought down by Graham Hutchinson.

Geddes scored again in the 55th minute before a late Coventry goal made for a tense finale but City held on for a famous win.

Then manager, Carl Heeley, spoke after the game to BBC Hereford & Worcester:

"The seven minutes of injury time were the longest of my life, but this is the proudest day of my football career and finishes off the week for me after the birth of my daughter.

"We genuinely thought we could come here and get a result.

"We've got some good footballers and they're incredibly fit lads, so I didn't think the full-time/part-time thing would be a factor.

"Often in these games, you get fazed by the occasion but we took the game to them and were the better side and I'm very proud of them.

"I'm delighted for Sean Geddes. 

"He was a key part of a Stourbridge side who've had a couple of cup runs. He's got goals in him. That's why we brought him here.

"We hope there's more good times to come. We want to reach the third round and there'll be a few wary of drawing Worcester City after that."

The City faithful made the long trip up north and again filled their allocation, as City pulled off another upset, forcing a replay after a 1-1 draw at Glanford Park.

The replay saw the longest FA Cup penalty shootout in FA Cup history, as City, then playing at Kidderminster harriers' ground, Aggborough, lost 13-14.