A MATT Turner hat-trick condemned Worcester Raiders to a second consecutive defeat as they were knocked out of the Worcestershire Senior Cup 4-2 by Malvern Town.

Raiders, who lost 5-0 at home to Alvechurch on Saturday, leaked a further four on Tuesday evening in what was an entertaining fixture in front of 250 supporters at the HDanywhere Community Stadium.

Worcester twice went behind after Turner's first and George Hayes' header but goals from the returning Kyonn Evans and Isaac Cooper levelled the scores at 2-2 eight minutes into the second-half.

The visitors battled away to get back in it but Turner added two more in the last quarter to complete the job for the Hillsiders, who progress to the quarter-finals to play Pershore Town.

The home side started well and took the lead with 20 minutes on the clock when Turner coolly slotted home after a flowing counter-attack move.

Matt Gwynne saved well to deny Joe Bates before Turner went close again as the home side began to turn the screw.

But just after the half-hour mark, slightly against the run of play, Raiders made the most of a counter attack of their own as Evans stayed calm to finish.

Evans went close again for Raiders shortly afterwards but they went into the break behind as Gwynne failed to deal with Bates' cross and Hayes nodded home from close range.

But as they did in the first, Worcester got themselves back into the game again on the 55th minute as Luke Gaffney's deep cross to the far post was met by Cooper, who tucked it home.

The momentum was with the visitors at this stage and Town's 'keeper James Loader did well to keep out a low drive, whilst his counterpart, Gwynne, did similar with an attempt from Louis Loader as the game approached the hour mark.

Both sides were threatening but it was malvern who nudges back in front with 14 minutes left when a break from Harry Clark out wide saw him beat the offside trap before putting it on a plate for Turner who made no mistake.

With just five minutes left it looked for all money that Raiders would equalise but a magnificent double save from Loader in goal twice denied Cooper, much to the disbelief of the Raiders bench.

And that proved to be the match decider in the end as Malvern's Turner completed his hat-trick two minutes later as he lobbed Gwynne from inside the box after a wide cross.

It was an extremely watchable contest between two good footballing sides but Raiders will dust themselves off ahead of the league restart on Saturday.