WORCESTER Warriors salvaged a late bonus-point at play-off chasing Harlequins at The Stoop on Saturday in what was otherwise another heavy Premiership defeat.

The hosts ran in eight tries in total but two scores in the final two minutes of the game ensured the Warriors left with something to shout about.

The result sees Worcester remain bottom of the Gallagher Premiership and without a win since November.

It was an electric start to the contest in the opening 12 minutes with four tries scored.

Danny Care sniped around the driving maul to race over to put Harlequins in the lead with two minutes on the clock before Warriors responded through Niall Annett's close range try.

Quins' star men Marcus Smith and Alex Dombrandt combined for a delightful try moments later as the fly-half's delayed pass put the marauding number eight into the open space. Dombrandt then passed back inside to Smith to run it in under the sticks.

Worcester's Ed Fidow was thrown into the starting side an hour before kick-off when Perry Humphreys was pulled out late through injury and the Samoan international showed what he is capable of as he picked up the ball on half-way before burning Quins' Tyrone Green on the outside and putting Ollie Lawrence away down the left.

The England centre cut back in and Worcester recycled before Joe Batley powered his way over as the visitors looked to have gained momentum.

Warriors had the chance to add to their lead when awarded a penalty in a kickable position, only to take the scrum instead and eventually concede a penalty themselves.

Quins went down the other end and added another lovely score after some neat interplay from Dombrandt and Marchant eventually saw Esterhuizen dot down before prop Wilco Louw added the bonus-point try on 31 minutes from close range.

The hosts were to make it five first-half tries right on the half-time whistle as the impressive Will Evans scored in the corner despite Hougaard's best efforts to stop him.

The hosts came out firing straight away but it took ten minutes before they had number six as Evans continued his fine afternoon's performance with a close range finish.

Tyrone Green touched down in the corner for the seventh and then into the final ten minutes substitute winger Luke Northmore finished off a flowing move down the left.

Warriors' Richard Palframan flopped over with a minute to play after a sustained period of possession in the Quins 22 before Hearle scampered away in the last play to secure the fourth try.