FANS returned to Aggborough for the first time in over a year to watch their Kidderminster Harriers side narrowly beaten 2-1 in a pre-season clash with League One Cheltenham Town on Tuesday night.

979 spectators were in attendance as Harriers impressed during the 90 minutes to the newly-promoted Robins.

The hosts went ahead through Jack Tolley's deflected effort before Timmy Abraham, on trial from Fulham, equalised just after the half-hour mark.

Kidderminster were denied a well-deserved draw in the closing stages as Abraham scored his second of the night from the penalty spot late on.

There were some early chances as an eager home side set about impressing; the lively Omari Sterling seeing an effort held and Keziah Martin having one rise over the target.

One blow in an energy-sapping first 45 came with the injury of Kidderminster's Cliff Moyo, with Kai Lissimore taking his place.

The goals came either side of the half-hour mark; first Harriers went ahead through Tolley’s third goal in as many friendlies with the aid of a slight deflection.

The Robins then pulled level when Abraham beat Luke Simpson to the ball and lifted a well-taken finish into the net.

Martin and Sterling continued to pepper the visiting goal before the break, the latter in particular with one effort Cheltenham keeper Owen Evans had to turn wide.

Early in the second half, substitute Lissimore went close with an effort, while Sam Austin and Amari Morgan-Smith both tried their luck as the hosts kept the chances coming.

It was a much quieter affair in the second 45, but the energy and atmosphere inside the ground never wavered as a solid turn-out enjoyed their first taste of Aggborough action in some 514 days.

Harriers pushed for a winner as the game came towards the end and Morgan-Smith went within inches of a far-post finish, while Ashley Hemmings and Austin both forced saves.

The winning goal came from the penalty spot – after Vince Harper had been fouled and Abraham doubled his tally for the night from 12 yards.