TIM Harris' first competitive match in charge of Worcester City ended in defeat as his side were dumped out of the FA Cup in the extra-preliminary round by a clinical Coventry United side.

A Louis Ezewele own-goal in the opening 90 seconds was quickly followed by a Tyler Haddow tap-in as the hosts stormed out of the blocks to lead 2-0 after five minutes.

The impressive Riley-Cole O'Sullivan added a third on the half-hour mark before Billy Shaw headed into his own net after the break to make it 4-0.

City rallied in the second-half and got one back through the lively Archie Muirhead but it proved to be nothing but a consolation in the end as City's adventure in the cup ended at the first hurdle.

It could not have been a worse start for the visitors when Haddow went clear before his shot rebounded off the post, hit Ezewele and rolled over the line.

Only three more minutes had passed before Coventry got in behind again, this time through O'Sullivan, who raced to the byline before dragging it back to Haddow, who tapped home.

Muirhead could have halved the deficit as Harris' men finally got a foot-hold in the game but Reece Francis saved and neither Chris Sterling or Dan Westwood could force a rebound over the line.

Worcester looked to have settled but on the half-hour, Haddow turned provider for O'Sullivan this time as the latter slotted home from close range to put the game beyond doubt.

The second-half started much the same as the first, another own-goal early on, this time as Shaw diverted a clearing header past Brendon Bunn between the sticks.

From there on in, though, it was all City.

City could have made more of a game of it had it not been for a few brilliant stops by Francis in the Coventry goal but finally they did register on the scoresheet as Muirhead darted into the box and slammed home low into the bottom corner.

Captain for the day Aaron Roberts had the chance late on to add a second from the spot but his poor penalty was easily stopped by Francis in front of the travelling City supporters.

A disappointing start to the season but they must dust themselves down before they kick-off their Midland Football League Premier Division campaign next week when they welcome AFC Wulfrunians to Claines Lane(3pm kick-off).