DAVE Reynolds scored for the first time since his return to the club as Malvern Town beat Hallen 4-3 in an up and down match at the HDAnywhere Community Stadium last weekend.

Reynolds, who signed for The Hillsiders from Worcester City in the summer, netted in the sixth minute of the game with his first attempt on goal.

After Hallen pulled one back in the 26th minute thanks to Fintan Coyle's strike, Town responded with three of their own through Lewis Platt and a brace from Joe Bates.

The visitors refused to lie down and scored two more to make the hosts sweat in the closing stages but Town eventually held on for the win.

It was a fast start from the hosts and it took just six minutes for Reynolds to pick his spot into the far corner.

The visitors looked for a way back into the game and a free-kick was pumped dangerously into the area where James Timmins did well to head away in front of goal.

Just past the quarter-hour mark, Brandon Barnes’ low strike was well watched by Keiran Blackburn, then at the other end, Keith Kearney did well to somehow block on the line to deny Bates from close range.

Hallen nearly equalised when Jordan Ricketts rattled the woodwork and then they were finally rewarded in the 26th minute as Coyle fired home from the edge of the area.

The game was level for just ten minutes, however, as Platt got on the end of a delightful ball from Harry Clark to make it 2-1.

Town found themselves 3-1 ahead just before half-time when another teasing ball in from the left by Platt found Bates who was able to apply the finish.

Just like in the first, Malvern started the half well and the lead stretched to three when Bates scored the fourth.

It was a topsy turvy affair and within minutes the visitors reduced the arrears when some sloppy defending allowed Martin Stowell to head home from close range.

Town thought they had the chance to put the game to bed when the referee initially pointed to the spot following a foul on Chowns Higgs, but after discussion with his assistant, the decision was overturned and a corner given instead

The visitors were able to pull another goal back late on when Ricketts’ strike took a deflection on its way past Blackburn.

Bates had a goal ruled out late on as the Hillsiders looked to complete the job but in the end, the home side recorded their second win on the bounce and remained undefeated in the league with two wins and a draw from their opening three games.