WORCESTER City struck twice in two second-half minutes to maintain their winning run with a 2-0 win at Romulus on Saturday.

Having missed last week’s FA Vase win, Billy Shaw returned to the team to score one and provide another as City made it back-to-back league wins as well as continuing their impressive away form.

They have won five of their last six games on their travels and another at the weekend sees them cement their position in the top four of the Midland Football League Premier Division.

A number of player who were unavailable for the 2-1 win against Lutterworth in the Vase last Saturday returned as captain Aaron Roberts started, as well as goalkeeper Adam Harrison and midfielder Shaw.

The first half was one largely to forget although City did have the ball in the net after 15 minutes when Shaw finished off a nice move but it was flagged offside.

The best chance for Romulus saw Khail Harrison send a through ball on the left into the path of Owen Watkins but City keeper Adam Harrison was quick off the line before making himself big to stop the shot.

Chris Withington survived a scare just before the break as a long ball over the top beat the defenders and the City man brought Watkins down, only for a yellow card to be brandished.

The two goals came just after the break and killed the game off there and then.

It was a defensive mistake that lead to City taking the lead as Romulus seemed adamant to play it all the way back to the keeper, who then fluffed his lines and Gibbons managed to tee up Shaw in the box, who took full advantage to put it past Josh Benton in the Roms goal.

Within a minute, it was 2-0. Straight from the kick off Withington sent a perfect ball forward down the right into the path of Gibbons who outran the defence before pulling it back to Shaw, who nudged it into the path of Fuller to slot home.

From then on it was City who stepped up their game for the rest of the half, pressing forward and closing down Romulus at every move who looked more and more dejected as the game went on.

Gibbons had a decent shot saved by Benton after another good move down the middle of the pitch before Withington sent a shot high over the bar after a goal mouth scramble.

Romulus made changes in an effort to pull a goal back but City had another glorious opportunity on 70 minutes after a defence splitting ball from Withington sent through to Bailey Fuller on the edge of the box who then forced Benton into another good save.

Romulus won a series of corners and free kicks but the City defence marshalled by City captain Aaron Roberts stood firm to see the game out to cement City’s place in the top four.