WORCESTER City were forced to settle for a point in the cold and blustery conditions at Tividale on Saturday.

Worcester dominated for large parts of the game but they were frustrated by their hosts, who defended well and had their keeper Peter Hawk to thank for a couple of crucial interventions.

But generally it was a game of few real goalscoring chances and in the end, a goalless draw was a fair result.

The likes of Aaron Roberts, Adam Harrison, Billy Shaw and Fortune Maphosa all returned to the side but skipper Roberts added to the injury woes when he limped off in the first-half.

City chose to play with the wind and the slope in the first half and used it to good effect by forcing over 10 corners but were not able to carve out a significant effort.

Darragh Bustin had the first sight of goal when an inswinging ball caused problems in the City box but the striker was not able to make good enough contact to trouble Harrison.

Will Gibbons then did well early on to work room for a shot but it was tame and easily stopped by Hawk.

City's returning centre-half Maphosa then showed his quality to beat three defenders before seeing his goalbound shot blocked before some handbags saw Maphosa and James Douglas booked for Worcester.

It threatened to liven things up but it didn't last and at half-time it was all square.

Tividale started the second half far brighter, creating a couple of opportunities in the first 15 minutes of the half.

First, Elliot Hartley drew a comfortable save from Harrison.

With the wind at their backs, Tividale continued to threaten as Bustin let fly from twenty yards out, with plenty of movement in the air, but Harrison was again equal to it.

With just under 20 to play, the hosts had a penalty appeal emphatically turned down by referee Forrest as the home forward went down as he cut across his defender.

City's Shaw was just about denied by keeper Hawk after the midfielder was out through on goal by Bailey Fuller, who was slightly quiet for once.

With play entering the final stages, both sides made substitutions as they tried to steal the points before Fuller went close for City, his shot blocked well as the visitors tried to hit Tivi on the counter.

But in the end neither could find the back of the net and the points were shared.