WORCESTER Warriors' youngsters resisted a late Gloucester comeback to make it two wins from two in their Premiership Rugby Cup Pool 1clash in front of a packed out crowd at Sixways on Wednesday night.

Warriors had led 24-7 with five minutes to play before Seb Blake and winger Alex Morgan crossed to give the Cherry and Whites late hope at 24-21.

But Billy Searle knocked over a penalty late on to secure the win and make it 10 points from 10 for the home side in this year's competition.

Gloucester led early on through Tom Seabrook's try before Warriors hit back in the first-half with tries from Justin Clegg and Kai Owen, which were added to after the break by Jack Johnson and Lewis Holsey.

9,583 watched from the stands on what was an unexpectedly warm evening in Worcester but it was the Gloucester fans who were cheering after just five minutes when centre Seabrook finished in the corner following a decisive line break from Georgian Giori Kveseladze.

Worcester were under the cosh early on but started to get a foothold in the game, particularly up front as the Gloucester pack struggled physically.

Then, after half an hour, the hosts did get on the board as a lovely line break from winger Jack Johnson got Worcester in behind the Gloucester defence before Justin Clegg finished brilliantly in the corner despite plenty of attention from a number of defenders.

Penalties were costing the visitors and eventually referee Neil CHivers lsot his patience and Kveseladze was sent to the bin.

Worcester made sure to take advantage of the extra man and just before the break they went ahead as a driving maul in the corner rumbled over the line, with prop Kai Owen getting the congratulations.

Searle missed both conversions, meaning it was just a three-point lead at half-time with the scores at 10-7.

Warriors started as they ended the half, on the front foot, and continuing to dominate up front.

The home side were consistently making yards into the Gloucester 22 and with 50 minutes on the clock, they once more made the most of the opportunity and the ball found it's way to winger Johnson after a period of sustained pressure in for the winger to touch down.

Plenty of changes were made in the second-half as both sides continued to hand debuts to young players and much-needed minutes for those returning from injury.

The bonus-point then came when replacement prop Holsey slid over from close range thanks to another successful driving maul.

With the game seemingly all done and dusted, the visitors finally got themselves some field position in the Worcester 22 and they used the driving maul to force substitute Blake over the line.

Just a minute later and Gloucester were within three as Alex Morgan surged through the midfield to go in under the posts.

Barton converted to make it 24-21 but Searle wrapped things up with a penalty to seal an entertaining but richly deserved win.