WORCESTER Raiders’ title hopes were dealt a blow on Monday evening as a dramatic late winner from bottom of the table Cirencester Town Development brought their winning league run to a halt.

Sean McKeon struck deep into stoppage time for the youngsters from Gloucestershire as they served up the shock of the season in the Hellenic League Division One.

Raiders raced into an early 2-0 lead after just 18 minutes thanks to Rich Smith’s close range header and Jordan Murphy’s six-yard tap in.

Despite spending most of the half on the back foot, Cirencester scored twice in two minutes, including a brilliant solo finish from Zac Skinner as the shock began to take shape before McKeon finished brilliantly into the far corner to spark jubilant late scenes.

It was all Raiders early on in the game and it took them just nine minutes to take the lead.

Isaac Cooper’s corner found centre-half Jordan Stoddart free at the back post and his header back across goal was nodded in by Rich Smith from close range.

Despite their dominance, the hosts were almost caught out with 17 minutes on the clock when Cirencester hit the post but Raiders went up the other end and Cooper was the provider once more as his first time cross found Jordan Murphy in the box and he made no mistake to tap home and double the lead.

Raiders were threatening with every attack but completely against the run of play, the visitors pulled a goal back just before the half-hour mark as a cross was headed home past Young in the Worcester goal.

Those in attendance were then completely shocked just two minutes after as Skinner showed brilliant composure to control a ball forward before putting Stoddart on his backside and slotting past Young to draw them level.

It was all happening by this point and just 60 seconds after the equaliser Raiders were appealing for a red card when the visiting keeper came out of his box to clear Murphy out as the last man.

It was a blatant foul but the referee waved the appeals away, much to the amazement of everyone in the stadium.

Connor Deards and Ollie Thompson came on at the break and Raiders enjoyed plenty of possession to start the second-half but other than Thompson smacking the bar they struggled to create clear cut chances as the visitors dug their heels in.

Kai Mahon had a glorious chance to win it late in the day but then Worcester were hit on the counter and McKeon tucked home to seal a memorable win for the away side.

The result means Raiders are three points clear of Studley, who do now have two games in hand.