WORCESTER City's wait for silverware continues after Redditch United overturned a 1-0 first leg deficit to win the Worcestershire FA Senior Cup.

City, whose last trophy success came in the Dr Martens League Cup in 2001, lost 2-0 at St George's Lane and 2-1 on aggregate in front of a crowd of 681.

Richard Dryden's side were second best in the first-half but dominated after the break with a whole host of chances. However, they were either denied by an inspired Danny Lewis in the Redditch goal or wayward finishing.

City's first leg advantage was wiped out by Carl Heggs after just 17 minutes and the visitors had doubled their lead nine minutes later.

Redditch caused the initial problems with keeper Cameron Belford forced to save from Heggs after Gary Whild's side had caused havoc in the penalty area.

Heggs put the visitors ahead three minutes later. Graham Deakin played a neat ball from midfield and Heggs expertly turned marker Chris Smith on the edge of the area before carrying the ball forward and firing it past the advancing Belford.

Scott Rickards almost doubled Redditch's lead on 25 minutes when he got clear of the defence but fired wide of Belford's far post.

However, the former Kidder-minster Harriers striker made no mistake 60 seconds later when Shabir Khan missed 15th-minute substitute James Johnson's cross and Rickards had time to beat Belford.

It took Dryden's team until the 32nd minute to register an effort on goal when Nick Colley forced keeper Lewis to tip his cross over the bar.

Belford grabbed Rickards' back-heeled effort two minutes later as Heggs prepared to pounce before Howard Forin-ton saw a long-range effort deflected just wide.

City started the second-half with more purpose and Mark Danks blazed over from six yards three minutes after the re-start.

Worcester continued to call the shots and Ryan Clarke sliced an effort wide after the ball had run to him on the edge of the penalty area.

Troy Wood replaced Colley on 62 minutes and almost made an immediate impact when he drove an effort inches wide of Lewis' goal. Price also sent a free-kick straight at the Redditch keeper.

Lewis then produced a fine save to deny Danks from close-range as the one-way traffic continued. The City striker also fired into the side-netting with six minutes remaining.

Gary Walker sent Lewis flying to his left to push an effort wide on 86 minutes and, from Price's resulting corner, Craig Wilding's header was saved on the line.

City continued to press and substitute Wood again forced Lewis to parry his strike five minutes into injury-time.

Redditch, who offered little in the second-half, had the ball in the net through substitute Keith Rostill but the referee had signalled for a foul.

City: Belford 6, Clarke 6, SHABIR 8*, Smith 7, Munday 7, Price 7, Colley (Wood 62, 7) 6, Danks 7, Dinsmore 7, Wilding 6, Walker 7. Subs not used: Brown, Burtoft, Gill, Sanna.

Attendance: 681.