IT was a famous night for Stourport Swifts on Tuesday as they won the Worcestershire FA Senior Cup for the first time in their history following a 2-0 win over higher-level Redditch United at The Victoria Ground. 

Second-half goals from Jordan Annear and Ben Tilbury saw the Swifts open up a deserved 2-0 lead before they stood firm late on to spark jubilant scenes in Bromsgrove at the full-time whistle. 

Having never won the competition before, it was a night to remember for all involved with the football club and one that tops off a successful season for the Swifts.

They came into the clash as underdogs given they play two levels below Redditch, a side that have already won this tournament seven times in their history. 

But it was the Step 5 club that started the brighter of the two and they had a golden chance to open the scoring in the 10th minute but Lee Chilton could only fire over the bar when one-on-one with Reds keeper and debutant Ben Newey. 

Chilton then crossed for Tilbury to head wide soon after as Stourport continued to probe and defender Lewis Hudson had to make a crucial block to deny Annear at the front post after a neat Stourport move down the right. 

There was little evidence that Redditch were the Step 3 club and they had Newey to thank once again just before the break as he tipped Chilton's 30-yard strike over the bar to keep it level at the break. 

Despite being second best for most of the opening 45 minutes, Redditch did have the opening opportunity of the second-half and it was a good one too as Riley O'Sullivan struck a shot that just about missed the target. 

But the Swifts would get the reward their play deserved in the 51st minute as Ben Jevons' ball in behind found Annear, who beat an onrushing Newey to the ball and headed over the line, just before the pair collided. 

With their tails up, Stourport continued to press and 15 minutes later, they made it two as a clinical counter-attack finished with Chilton playing a through ball to striker Tilbury, who kept his cool to slot home.

There were big celebrations from the Stourport dugout and players as they sensed it might be their night. 

Redditch finally kicked into gear with the game slipping away and they came so close to pulling one back in the 72nd minute, but Max Sheaf's goalbound shot was cleared off the line by Joe Hanson.

The counter-attack was now Stourport's best form of defence and they almost put the game to bed ten minutes form tie but Annear could not convert from a one-on-one, as Ryan Wollacott cleared off the line having got back to keep it 2-0.

In the end, Stourport dug in and preserved the clean sheet to complete a terrific 90-minute performance that brought them their first-ever Worcestershire Senior Cup win.