KIDDERMINSTER Harriers booked their spot in the National League North play-off final in style on Sunday afternoon after a terrific second-half display saw them cruise past King's Lynn Town 4-1. 

Having missed a 14th-minute penalty, Ashley Hemmings redeemed himself to put the visitors into a lead that lasted just a couple of minutes before Ben Stephens equalised.

Amari Morgan-Smith slotted home nine minutes after the break to give Harriers the lead before Shane Byrne's header made it three.

Those promotion dreams were by now well and truly alive and when Zak Brown made it 4-1 19 minutes from the end, the Harriers fans were in party mood.

They will face either Chester or Brackley Town away from home in the final, with the game taking place later this afternoon (Sunday, May 7). 

On a glorious day in Norfolk, almost 1,000 travelling Harriers fans made the trip from Worcestershire and they were on their feet in just the 14th minute when Hemmings was wiped out by home keeper Tommy Dixon-Hodge in the box.

But the keeper made amends by saving Hemmings' spot-kick and denying Harriers the lead.

But nine minutes later, they did take the lead as Hemmings was played through by Joe Leesley and the forward stayed on his feet before rolling the ball into the net. 

Harriers' joy only lasted a matter of minutes, however, as Josh Barrett's dangerous ball into the box was nodded home by Stephens.

Barrett forced Christian Dibble into a smart stop on the half-hour mark before a lively Hemmings was denied by Dixon-Hodge for the third time in the half. 

Kidderminster had been the better side in the first-half and that continued into the second period, where Harriers eventually proved too good for the hosts. 

In the 54th minute, some intricate one-touch football from Byrne, Brown and Caleb Richards eventually found its way to Morgan-Smith who coolly slotted into the net to restore their lead.

With King's Lynn now chasing the game, Harriers were able to take advantage but it was a set-piece that provided the all-important third goal as Byrne headed past Dixon-Hodge.

The visitors were now set-up to pounce on the counterattack, and that is what they managed to do for goal number four as Hemmings broke free before slipping Brown in to make it 4-1 and secure Kiddy's place in the play-off final.