LEVI Steele scored twice for Evesham United as they beat Worcester City 3-0 in their pre-season friendly on Tuesday night. 

Steele nodded the hosts ahead against the run of play in the first-half moments after City's Dylan Hart was denied a penalty.

The Robins improved after the break and Ethan moran turned home Will Owens' shot to make it two before Steele capitalised on some dodgy defending to make it 3-0.

City go to Wimborne on Saturday in their pre-season finale before their first game of the Hellenic League Premier campaign on Tuesday night at home to Tuffley Rovers.

City enjoyed the early possession and Liam Lockett, who was heavily involved in the first-half, twice got into the Evesham box to create a chance. Firstly for Calvin Dinsley and then one for himself that forced Jack Copland into a save around the post.

The visitors were on top and should have taken the lead just moments after Lockett’s effort when Elliot Hartley sent one flying over the bar from a matter of yards.

The home side had a short spell of sustained possession mid-way through the half and City’s keeper Haydn Whitcombe was forced into a good save from Amer Amwadh following a scramble in the box.

There were loud claims for a penalty just after the half-hour mark as Dylan Hart was clipped by Robins’ captain Charlie Wise, but the referee was unmoved and allowed play to continue.

And Evesham went up the other end and took the lead as a cross into the box was nodded home by striker Steele, much to the dismay of the City players, who were still aggrieved at not being awarded the spot-kick.

Into the second-half, Evesham started brightly and after seeing his shot saved by Whitcombe, Will Owens then produced a teasing ball into the middle of the box that no Evesham player could get on the end of.

Owens was causing the City defenders a real headache and he would provide the assist for the second goal as his shot was turned home by former City forward Moran just before the hour. 

City boss Chris Cornes made wholesale changes as the game wore on, as did Robins' Mike Ford and the game settled down with the visitors having a lot of the ball again. 

But Evesham would extend their lead further with 14 minutes to go as City substitute Danny Flowers lost track of the ball in the air and with Whitcombe coming out of his goal, Evesham striker Steele was on hand to collect and slide the ball home into an empty net.