STOURPORT Swifts are into the second round of the Isuzu FA Vase after Adam Hanson's stunning overhead kick gave them a 2-1 win over Sherwood Colliery. 

The game had been in serious jeopardy 24 hours before kick-off due to Storm Babet causing mass flooding in Worcestershire through the week, but a rather miraculous turnaround by the grounds team ensured the game went ahead.

And it was a fiercely competitive cup tie that Swifts ended up on top, as their love affair with the Vase competition continues. 

After a cagey opening ten minutes, the visitors took the lead in the 17th minute when a Jamie York free kick from the left eventually fell to Jobe Shaw, whose strike took a deflection and found its way into the back of the net.

It was a tight game but the hosts did work their way into it and ten minutes before half-time they found the equaliser as Jack Watts took full advantage of a looping ball over the defence with a chipped finish over Sherwood keeper Louis Kinnerley. 

The winner came in the second-half and it was some finish. 

A ball in from the left was partly cleared but the ball looped to Hanson, who produced a stunning overhead bicycle kick that flew past Kinnerley, much to the amazement of everyone in the crowd. 

There were some nervy moments towards the end but Swifts held on to secure their place in the next round. 

Elsewhere, the only other game involving a Worcestershire side was Pershore Town, who welcomed Shirebrook Town to The Recruit 12 Community Stadium for their first-round tie. 

And it was an afternoon to forget for The Plums, who fell to their heaviest defeat of the season.

The game remained 0-0 heading towards the break, but two goals in the closing stages of the first-half swung the game in the visitors' favour. 

First, Nat Watson headed home Sam Finlaw's free-kick to open the scoring and Joe Parkin beat the offside trap and converted his 1-on-1 with stand-in keeper Scott Loader to make it a quickfire double.

It was an uphill task for Lewis Marston's men and they were unable to mount a comeback, conceding a further three times in the second-half. 

Carlton Carty made it 3-0 with a strong run and finish before two late goals at the end of the game added some late gloss to the score line for the away side. 

Kieren Watson headed home at the near post and the fifth came when Carty reacted quickest to prod home on the rebound. 

Pershore head out in emphatic fashion, whilst the Swifts progress into Monday's second-round draw.

Worcester City will also be in the draw after their game with Sleaford Town was postponed due to an unplayable pitch at Claines Lane. That game will now be played on Saturday (October 28).