WORCESTER City Women put their name into the hat for the first-round proper draw of the Women's FA Cup after a 5-1 victory over Anstey Nomads Women.

Olivia Mitcham scored a hat-trick and Emma Congrave scored two off the bench as City cruised into the main draw. 

The visitors did pull one back to make it 3-1 but it was all a little too late for them and the hosts finished with a flurry to add some gloss to the score line.

It was a tight game from the off but after 15 minutes of little in the way of clear-cut chances, it was the hosts who took the lead as Mitcham swept home Leah Ritson's accurate low cross. 

But Anstey were proving more than a match for City and they had the better opportunities as the half wore on.

One in particular should have produced an equaliser but the striker somehow fluffed her lines a couple of yards out from an empty net.

Both sets of players came out to a torrential downpour at the start of the second-half but it continued to be an end-to-end game.

Mitcham had an almost identical chance to the one she put away in the first-half, but this time the ball flew over the bar rather than into the net. 

But having scored the first, Mitcham would turn provider soon after as her sublime touch and pass into the box put substitute Congrave 1-on-1 and she coolly slotted home into the far corner to double City's lead. 

Congrave almost bagged herself a second as the half wore on, but her well-struck shot cannoned back off the crossbar and Mitcham had a goal-bound shot brilliantly cleared off the line as City looked to kill the game off.

And that third goal did eventually arrive as Mitcham found space in behind the Anstey defence and her shot, despite taking a heavy deflection off the keeper, trickled over the line.

It had been a dominant second-half from Worcester but they did concede late on as Anstey's striker got a touch on a low cross to divert past Sofia Stolt in the City goal.

But City would have the last laugh. Congrave slid the ball home to make it 4-1 and Mitcham's powerful effort proved too much for the keeper to hold as she completed a second consecutive hat-trick.