IZAK Reid missed a late penalty as Worcester City's winning run in the Hellenic League Premier came to an end after a 1-1 draw with Slimbridge at Claines Lane on Saturday.

Reid blazed over from 12-yards in the 85th minute after Jamie Insall had equalised mid-way through the second-half. Swans' Theo Clayson's 53rd-minute strike against the run of play had given the visitors a surprise lead.

City spurned a number of chances throughout the 90 minutes, especially in the first-half. Insall hit the post with an acrobatic bicycle kick in the opening minutes of the game and Elliot Hartley smashed a shot over the bar following a save from visiting keeper Ellis Parker before the break.

City were then hit on the counter-attack eight minutes into the second-half as Slimbridge broke clear before Clayson stuck a sweet first-time shot across his body and into the far corner to put the Swans into the lead against the run of play.

The hosts' chances of equalling the club record of 12 consecutive league victories was under serious threat and a determined effort from the away side looked to be closing in on an unlikely three points before Insall finally broke the resistance with a close-range header 20 minutes from time after Logan Stoddart's precise cross.

The hosts pushed for a winner as Slimbridge fell deeper and deeper towards their own box.

It looked as if they had done enough to earn a point but with five minutes remaining, City were awarded a penalty after a foul on Reid right in the corner of the box.

The City winger dusted himself off and took the kick himself, but got right under it and sent it flying over the crossbar.

And with that, City's chances of finding the win and maintaining their incredible winning streak came to an end. Luckily for City, Corsham also dropped points in a 1-1 draw with Hereford Pegasus, meaning there was no change at the top of the Hellenic Premier.

Corsham remain a point clear at the summit, with City still having four games in hand on their nearest title rivals. 

Chris Cornes' men will be back in action on Tuesday in the first-round of the Marsh Challenge Cup when Cinderford come to Claines Lane. Kick-off is at 7.45 pm.