WORCESTER City may have an FA Vase conundrum at Highworth Town tonight in the Uhlsport Hellenic Football League Premier Division (7.45pm).

City's opponents are safely into the next round of the coveted competition after a thrilling penalty shoot-out win at St Austell last weekend.

But Worcester's Claines Lane clash with Boston Town in the Vase was postponed due to the freezing conditions, meaning they must host the Lincolnshire side in the third-round tie on this coming Saturday instead.

With promotion a priority for manager Chris Cornes' side, it creates a tricky, quick turnaround in fixtures as they also eye taking a step closer to a Wembley final.

City will look to maintain the high standards which have led them to 13 wins from 16 league games and second spot in the table, just one point behind leaders Corsham Town with four fixtures in hand.

Highworth, meanwhile, have also started well in the league after last season's relegation with nine victories from 15 matches taking the Wiltshire-based side to fifth place ahead of last night's scheduled programme.

And their third-round success at St Austell is sure to have given City's opponents tonight a boost with a 3-1 penalty triumph following an entertaining 3-3 draw in Cornwall.

The Elms Recreation Ground club dropped from Southern League Division One Central last season after finishing third-from-bottom.

They were previously crowned Hellenic League Premier Division champions in 2004-05 so know what it takes to lead the way.

City's game against United Counties Football League Premier Division North club Boston will be for a fourth-round prize of a home draw on Saturday, January 14, this time against the winners of the Highgate United and Lichfield City encounter.

Highworth, whose last league game ended in a 2-2 home draw with struggling Lydney Town on November 25, can already look forward to visiting Kent outfit Holmesdale thanks to the penalty shoot-out success - their second in a week after losing to Royal Wootton Bassett Town in the Wiltshire FA Premier Shield on November 29.

City were also held in their previous league fixture on November 25 with a 1-1 draw against Slimbridge at Claines Lane when experienced forward Jamie Insall netted.

The result meant City could not equal a 46-year club record by winning a 12th consecutive league game.

But Cornes' men followed that up with a 4-3 home success over Cinderford Town on November 28 in the Marsh Challenge Cup when Reece Day's first City goal proved to be the winner in injury-time.

Insall, Liam Lockett and Kyle Belmonte were also on target.