LATE goals were again the theme for Worcester City in the Isuzu FA Vase as Dylan Hart and Kyle Belmonte scored in the final 10 minutes of their fourth-round clash with Lichfield City to book their spot in the last 16 of the competition.

City had a number of chances to take the lead before Hart headed home the crucial opener with 79 minutes on the clock. Kyle Belmonte then profited from Lichfield keeper James Beeson's foray forward for a 91st-minute corner to stroke home from 30 yards to make it 2-0.

There were jubilant scenes at full-time between players, coaches and over 700 fans at Claines Lane as City took a step closer to the Wembley final.

It was an even first-half but it was the hosts who had the best chances to break the deadlock.

Defender Kirk Layton saw his close-range shot from a corner deflected inches wide of the post and Liam Lockett almost capped a stunning run from his own half with a goal, only for Beeson to deny him with his feet.

And Beeson was again called upon to save Lichfield in first-half stoppage time, rushing out to make a crucial stop as Hart failed to convert when 1-on-1.

The second-half was more cagey but as the half wore on, Lichfield did begin to push City back, even if they weren't really able to test City's Haydn Whitcombe between the sticks.

Penalties looked more and more likely but it was City who made the effort to find a winner in the final 20 minutes and they almost had it when captain Adam Mace's 20-yard strike came crashing back off the foot of the post.

With the large crowd getting more involved, they were soon celebrating as a flowing City move ended with Hart's diving header finding the back of the net.

Belmonte's through ball allowed Lockett to run onto the ball and deliver a delightful first-time cross into the path of Hart, who hardly had to break stride as he dived through the air and sent Claines Lane into wild scenes behind the goal.

It felt like the decisive moment and when Lichfield loaded the box for a stoppage-time corner, including keeper Beeson, City were able to clear and Belmonte eventually stroked the ball home from 30 yards to seal the deal.