WARREN McBean was again Worcester City’s chief tormentor to ensure their wait for back-to-back league wins continues.

The striker seized on defensive blunders either side of the break to add to the last-gasp winner he scored at St George’s Lane on the opening day of the season.

It was always going to be tough for City to build on the morale-boosting Dover victory at Hayes Lane and three points from two away trips in four days is not the worst return for a team that had only won once on the road this time last week.

The scenario hasn’t changed for the Lane men with all their Blue Square South relegation rivals losing.

Things might have been different had Matt Dinsmore taken his opportunity in the fourth minute but City were the architects of their own downfall — as they have been on so many occasions this season.

Wayne Daniel and Jamie Price were caught out for Bromley’s first four minutes before half-time, while Rob Elvins gifted the second in a comedy of errors.

Heeley retained Price at left-back after sealing a deal to extend his stay from Stourport Swifts until the end of the season and persisted with Daniel and Elvins in defence in the continued absence of captain Tom Kemp and Mark Clyde.

With striker Marc McGregor falling ill on the morning of the match, Dinsmore partnered Craig Wilding up front and midfielder Ryan Burge, recruited from the Glenn Hoddle Academy in Spain, made his debut.

Despite only meeting his team-mates for the first time just hours before kick-off, the teenager looked comfortable in his role and Heeley would have been pleased with his performance.

Bromley had a newcomer of their own, handing a start to former England under-17 goalkeeper Wes Foderingham, on loan from Premier League side Fulham. The Cottagers are admirers of the 19-year-old’s shot-stopping ability from close-range and he demonstrated exactly why after just four minutes.

A defensive error let in Dinsmore, who burst into the area but Foderingham stood strong and turned his effort over the bar.

Mark Goldberg’s side were forced into a change just nine minutes later with Salifou Imbrahima, injured in a challenge with Wilding, being replaced by Ryan Hall.

Price was then shown a yellow card for fouling striker Richard Butler as the visitors began to live dangerously at the back and, soon afterwards, keeper Danzelle St Louis-Hamilton was forced to clear Graham Ward’s back-pass under pressure.

City, however, were seeing plenty of the ball but the end product was lacking.

The visitors had their hearts in their mouths on 33 minutes as Butler went down under the challenge of Daniel in the area but the referee deemed the defender to have taken the ball.

It was fortunate for City as it looked clumsy from the defender and a red card for being the last man is something they could have ill afforded at present.

But Heeley’s team, who didn’t win a free-kick until the latter stages of the half, were made to pay for some sloppy defending in the 41st minute as Bromley took the lead.

Daniel’s flicked header backwards fell nicely for McBean and he beat Price for pace before rounding St Louis-Hamilton and sliding the ball home.

Dinsmore made way for Alfie Carter at the break but Worcester’s woes had mounted within 11 minutes of the restart.

Elvins inexplicably gave the ball away to McBean with a slack pass in the middle of the park and then proceeded to fall over trying to make amends 25 yards from goal. That allowed the striker a free run on goal and he made no mistake.

City sought a way back and the travelling fans must have been hoping for a repeat of the heroics that saw them overturn a three-goal deficit at Lewes last month.

But there was to be nothing approaching those epic scenes as Heeley’s side plugged away with little to show for their efforts.

They did, however, come agonisingly close to salvaging some pride as Daniel’s header was cleared off the line with seven minutes remaining.

And City knew their luck was out when, in stoppage-time, Carter’s shot was repelled from point-blank range by Foderingham and Burge’s follow-up also bounced off the keeper before being cleared to safety.