Harriers 0, Aldershot 2

HARRIERS were left to rue Jared Hodgkiss's game changing sending off as their hoo doo against Aldershot struck again at Aggborough on Wednesday night.

The game was evenly balanced until the start of the second half when Harriers' right-back was shown a straight red card for a foul.

Brett Williams converted the penalty before Mark Mosesley bagged a second in the 73rd minute as Kidderminster wasted a chance to close in on the Vanarama Conference top five.

It also stretched Kidderminster's poor run against The Shots, who they have never beaten in nine attempts.

Harriers welcomed back influential central defender and captain Josh Gowling, who had missed the last three games through injury.

They faced an Aldershot side who were still on a high after holding League Two outfit side Portsmouth to a 2-2 in the FA Cup First Round.i

It was the visitors who made the stronger start and Dan Holman saw his well-struck effort from the edge of the box tipped over by keeper Danny Lewis.

Defender Chey Dunkley then diverted a stinging effort from Keiron Forbes wide in the 16th minute.

But Harriers started to get back into the game, with on-loan Luton man Matt Robinson exerting his influence.

The young midfielder came close to opening the scoring in the 21st minute but his low first time effort flew a fraction side of the right hand post after a strong run from Marvin Johnson.

Johnson also looked dangerous and in the 34th minute the speedy wideman slide in a left-footed effort which had keeper Phil Smith beaten but deflected off a defender for a corner.

Harriers had been hoping to step it up in the second second but two minutes after the restart they were reduced to ten men and found themselves trailing 1-0.

Right-back Hodgkiss was shown a straight red card for pulling back Andrew McConville in the box and denying a goal-scoring opportunity. It was the defender's first ever sending off.

Aldershot hitman Williams slotted home the penalty.

Harriers replied well and Dunkley headed wide from a Kevin Nicholson free-kick.

As Kidderminster pushed for a leveller, they left themselves exposed at the back and Williams volleyed over the bar in the 63rd  minute.

The hosts survived a 67th minute scare when McConville pounced on Gowling's rushed clearance but slid his firm right-footed effort off target.

But Kidderminster's defeat was sealed in the 73rd minute when Molesley cut in the right and beat Lewis with a deflected effort.

The hosts searched for a lifeline and substitute Aman Verma flashed an 84th minute header off target.

That was their last chance as they slipped to a third defeat in four games.

Harriers: Lewis, Hodgkiss, Dunkley, Byrne (Verma, 76), Johnson, Reid (Hales, 76), Blissett, Obeng (Green, 49), Robinson, Nicholson, Gowling.  Subs not used: Grimes, Gittings.

Aldershot: Smith, Oastler, Wilson, Barker, Hatton (Diallo, 56), Molesley (Fitchett, 78), Williams (Derry, 76), Forbes, McColin, Oyeleke, Holman.

Subs not used: Thomas, N'Guessan.

Referee: Ian Hussin (Merseyside) Attendance: 1507 (100)