HARRIERS picked up a battling point at Bradford Park Avenue thanks to Emmanuel Sonupe’s eighth goal of a productive campaign.

The seemingly never-ending run of injuries continued for the Harriers going into this one as they were forced to do without dominant central defender James Pearson after he was withdrawn half way through the win at Newcastle with a hamstring injury.

Also on the treatment table was Andre Brown, the forward unable to travel after injuring a calf – Andre Wright handed a start in his place, while Jimmy O’Connor was handed a club debut after signing earlier in the week.

The start to the game saw Harriers pick up the best of the early chances – Joe Ironside driving at Steven Drench in the home goal who saved well with just nine minutes on the clock, before the returning James McQuilkin played in Sonupe whose angled effort fizzed just past the upright.

Wright and Ngwatala had half sights of goal as the half wore on but, with one of their first attacks, it was Bradford who took the lead with a well-taken goal. Pushing forward, defender Toulson pushing up from the back and floating a great cross towards Nowakowski that was well tucked beyond Hall and into his bottom corner.

The lead would be short-lived, though; seven minutes in fact as Harriers levelled matters with a swift attack; McQuilkin, Wright and latterly Ironside all involved in playing the ball to Sonupe who charged at the back post to tidy away the finish.

Within a couple of the minutes, Clee and Ironside had forced a save for their respective teams, Ngwatala upping the Harriers pressure just three minutes further on as he rocketed a shot off the woodwork.

Ironside spurned another chance before the hour, while Nowakowski should really have wrapped up a brace seven minutes later instead of placing a volley wide of hall. Havern’s header from a corner was as close as Bradford came in injury time, Harriers holding on for a point.

HARRIERS: Hall, Taylor, Williams (Digie 53), Horsfall, O’Connor, Croasdale, McQuilkin, Ngwatala, Wright, Ironside, Sonupe (Austin 77).

Subs not used: Finch, Osborne, Weeks Attendance: 397 Referee: John Matthews