BOSS John Eustace was full of praise for Andre Brown after the Harriers striker bagged what looked to have been a match winner just 4.6 seconds after coming on as a sub.

Eustace hailed the impact of the former Crewe man who scored his fifth goal of the season in Saturday’s 2-2 last-ditch draw at home to Spennymoor.

Brown has been in and out of the Kidderminster starting line-up this season – with just six starts to his name – but the forward is making a name for himself as he continues to score goals when he comes off the bench.

Eustace said: “It wasn’t a tactical masterstroke, not at all. We just put Andre on the pitch because we know he scores goals.

“We’re very pleased to have a player like Andre in the squad who always gives his all for the team whenever we call on him

“To be playing as well as he currently is for a 20-year-old is terrific and he is doing really well for the team. He’s got a big future ahead of him.”

Brown’s goal put Harriers 2-1 ahead in the National League North tie at Aggborough, but the hosts couldn’t hold on as Spennymoor scored a penalty within the seven minutes of added time.

The start to the day certainly didn’t go to plan for Kidderminster – they were behind after just seven minutes when David Foley hooked a misplaced clearance from Brandon Hall back over his head from 40 yards out and into the net.

Harriers were slow to respond, and although they almost levelled when an Emmanuel Sonupe shot was expertly blocked, Town were appealing for a second before the half-hour mark after they felt an effort had crossed the line beyond Hall, only for Andre Wright’s clearance to be proved vital.

But Harriers levelled on 62 minutes after great work from full-back Joel Taylor to supply James McQuilkin with the ball, who took a touch before driving a finish into the back of the net from 18 yards.

After keeping the pressure on, Harriers eventually completing the turnaround with eleven minutes left as McQuilkin’s corner was powered in by the head of sub Brown who netted with his first touch.

But with minutes remaining on the clock, James O’Connor committed a foul in the area, giving the visitors a penalty – with O’Connor being sent off in the process.

The home side protested but Spennymoor skipper Joseph Tait stepped up and did the damage from 12 yards, equalising with what was pretty much the side’s first attack of the half.

Despite the result, Eustace said he was delighted with the performance of his players, especially limiting the visitors to virtually scraps in the second half.

“The conditions made the game very tricky and the wind helped both teams, but we stuck to the task,” Eustace said. “In the second half we played some very good football and managed to hold them to just a two shots on goal.

“I thought defensively we played really well, especially considering how they’re doing in the league.

“So it’s disappointing to only come away from the game with a draw, as it wasn’t the result we wanted, but I was definitely not disappointed with the players.

“There’s nothing we can do about the penalty, the referee made the decision, we have to accept it and move on.”

A much depleted Harriers team, who will also be without James O’Connor after the defender’s red card, head to Stockport County on Saturday (3pm kick-off), knowing victory will launch them above the home side in the league standings.

Eustace said: “It’s going to be a very tough game. Stockport are an excellent team with a very experienced manager who will make life hard for us.

“We’re down to the bare bones at the moment. Jimmy O’Connor will be suspended after his red and we are still without a number of players.

“But we know what the situation is as we’ve been this way for a while, so that won’t have any impact on what I expect from the players on Saturday.”