Harriers 3, Darlington 3

TEN-MAN Harriers conceded two late goals as Darlington hit back to pinch a point at Aggborough.

Andre Brown and James McQuilkin struck in the first half and Elton Ngwatala also netted early in the second as Harriers looked in control for long spells.

But they twice surrendered a two-goal advantage as Darlington fought back to share the spoils from a tense affair that saw a host of bookings for the visitors and a sending off for Reds defender Tyrone Williams.

Despite not recording an away league win since their opening day success at Salford, it was Darlington that put on the early pressure as they kept the Reds pegged back, particularly with raids down the right through Stephen Thompson.

It was visiting wide man that also worked the first save of the clash on seven minutes when firing low at Brandon Hall.

However, it only took until the 15th minute for Harriers to burst to life. James Pearson crossed from the right for Brown to open the scoring in fine style.

Brown lost his marker and nipped in in-front of keeper Edward Wilczynski at the near post to provide a controlled finish for his seventh goal from seven starts this term.

It could have got worse for Darlington on 25 minutes when defender Gary Brown looked lucky to stay on the field when aiming an elbow at Harriers goalscorer Brown while looking to shepherd the ball out on the right wing.

Referee Martin Rawcliffe chose to only dish out a yellow after consulting his assistant.

Darlington's Brown was soon in the thick of the action again five minutes later, this time in the attacking third when he forced Hall to get down smartly from his half volley.

But, just like for the first goal, no sooner did Darlington look a threat going forwards they were punished at the other end.

Ngwatala found space on 37 minutes to cut back a low cross from the right which was helped on by Croasdale to McQuilkin who stabbed the ball into the far post.

Ironside passed up a big chance to make it three just a minute later after McQuilkin had found him in the area after another quick breakaway. He wanted too much Tim and the recovery tackles came in.

However, just when it looked like the Reds would take the two goal advantage into the break, Darlington cut the deficit when Joel Taylor put into his own net.

Forward Harvey Saunders escaped down the left and fired low across the face of goal that gave Taylor no time to react.

Harriers came out quicker in the second half and it took them just 10 minutes to restore their two-goal lead.

Ngwatala, who had blazed over from a tight angle moments before, collected a loose ball in a central position on the edge of the box, turned well and looped an effort past Wilczynski.

Horsfall fired home three minutes later after McQuilkin's deep free kick was headed back across goal by Ironside but his celebration was cut short by the linesman's flag.

Harriers continued to control matters and pose a threat with more neat build up play and quick breaks forward.

McQuilkin fired off target on 69 minutes before Brown passed up another opening soon after.

Instead of Harriers making the game safe, it was Darlington that again forced a way back into it approaching the final 10 minutes.

Dominic Collins hooked the ball back into the danger zone on 78 minutes for Terry Galbraith to head home and set up a frantic end.

It got worse for the home side just three minute after the goal as substitute Tyrone Williams saw red after an altercation with Saunders near the corner flag.

Suddenly Harriers had defending to do as Darlington pushed on looking for a late leveller.

They got it in the final minute of normal time when sub David Syers headed home Collins' in-swinging corner.

Harriers again missed a chance to gain ground on the play-off places as their defensive frailties again let them down.

Harriers: Hall, Pearson, Taylor (Williams 45), Croasdale (c), Horsfall, O'Connor, Weeks, McQuilkin, Ironside, Ngwatala (Austin 79), Brown.

Unused subs: Wright, Sonupe, Truslove.

Darlington: Wilczynski, Collins, Galbraith, Turnbull (c), Heaton, Brown, Wheatley, Portas (Gillies 61), Saunders, Cartman (Syers 75), Thompson (Caton 61).

Unused subs: Scott, Marr.

Att: 1,879 (186)