HARRIERS drew their fourth game in five at the start of the season with a busy 1-1 draw at Curzon Ashton.

It was a day arguably marred by three penalty kicks – all of which were missed – as Harriers twice failed to convert from the spot, the latter of which could well have been a wining goal in added time.

As it was, the Reds were made to do with a point for their day’s work thanks to Ashley Chambers’ second strike of the campaign in the second half, bringing the team from behind after Curzon had been leading 1-0 at the break.

That had all come after another penalty miss each – Joe Ironside kept at bay from twelve yards after Brandon Hall had done his duty at the other end.

Neil MacFarlane was again afforded the luxury of being able to name an unchanged starting eleven for the game. While still without Dan Bradley through suspension, the Reds again called on Ed Williams from the off after he’d marked his first start with a goal a week prior.

On the bench, there was again a place for Academy prospect Harry Stratford as he picked up more first-team experience.

Early in the game, there was a chance each as Weeks struck wide for Harriers after Samizadeh had drilled into the midrift of Hall at the other end with just a quarter of an hour on the clock – O’Connor then penalised for a foul on Hughes – Brooke slipping as he struck the resultant spot kick right at Hall.

The home side arguably had the better of the first half chances but it was Harriers, on the half hour, next to go close when Ironside stepped up to the spot after Williams had been fouled, only for Cameron Mason to excellently tip away the attempt.

Harriers would then be exposed before the break as a free cross was turned home by Brooke – sparking a decent reaction from the visitors just after the break as Mason was called in to action to hold on to Chambers’ header.

Ironside then saw a header cleared off the line and Williams struck wide, the deserved equaliser coming on 74 minutes when, freed by sub Richards, Chambers made no mistake by slotting past Mason and putting Harriers in control.

Chambers really ought to have done better with an 84th minute header than to turn it wide, but his blushes looked to have been spared when the referee again awarded the team a penalty – Richards this time stepping up for a chance to put Harriers ahead for the first time, only to see his effort flash past the post to the delight of the home fans.

There was still one further chance and it was Chambers again who had it, his well-timed header coming off the post, the follow-up, from Williams, saved by Mason.

Harriers: Hall, Taylor, Vaughan, Horsfall, O’Connor, Johnson, Weeks, Daniels, Williams, Ironside (Richards 65), Chambers.

Subs not used: Stratford, Digie, Baxendale, Austin Attendance: 353 Referee: Andy Sykes