ED Williams struck a fine solo brace to give Harriers all three points as they came from behind to win 2-1 at Bradford Park Avenue.

Harriers looked to be heading to a second defeat of the season, trailing 1-0 with nine minutes left to play, but the club’s top scorer reached double figures in dramatic fashion as the game as turned on its head.

Harriers were forced to do without defender, Ryan Johnson, after his latest call up to the Northern Ireland U21 squad – he was replaced by Fraser Horsfall in the starting eleven after the latter’s timely return from an ankle injury.

Dan Bradley, back fit after picking up a knock in the previous game at Stourbridge, was laid low by illness for the game with Joe Ironside his able replacement as he moved up from the bench to start at the Horsfall Stadium.

Harriers found themselves kicking into a wind in the first half and that stifled much of what they were able to do going forward and, as such, it was a pretty quiet first 45 minutes in which the home side fashioned the best of the small number of chances.

Beesley’s sixth minute play almost fashioned an early goal as he was played through, but his attempt to dink Hall only resulted in the ball going off target, Williams then driving into the arms of goalkeeper Steven Drench up at the other end.

With 15 on the clock, Wroe struck powerfully but off target for the hosts, before Chambers – combining with Ironside – attempted to lob Drench only to see his effort sail narrowly over the bar.

On 25 minutes Bradford will feel they really ought to have scored after Knight’s fine ball fizzed across the face of goal, though no one was on hand to apply what would have been an ultimately decisive touch.

Johnson remained a Bradford threat and he was within inches of an opener seconds after the restart when he flashed wide on the angle, Lee Vaughan in an advanced position six minutes later when he rifled over the bar.

It would be the hosts who broke first blood just after the hour when a free-kick was met in the area by Beesley and forced home by Branson, smashing the ball into the net. Johnson ought to have made it 2-0 soon after but fired over.

With a little less than 15 left to play, livewire Johnson almost doubled his team’s advantage but drove his shot off the foot of the post, something he and Bradford were truly left to rue when, on 81 minutes, Williams’ solo effort saw him evade challenges in the area before coolly firing into the far corner.

Worse followed for the home side as relief turned to joy for Harriers – Williams again advancing towards goal before shooting an effort that, with a deflection, nestled beyond Drench and into the back of his net.

HARRIERS: Hall, Austin (Taylor 79), Vaughan, Horsfall, Digie, O’Connor, Weeks, Daniels, Williams, Ironside (Richards 63), Chambers (Baxendale 90) Subs not used: Palmer, Higginson, Attendance: 529 Referee: Nathaniel Cox